Duo interested in Scots post

Jee Whizz! Calderwood, Collins, Levein and Jefferies! Does nobody want to qualify for the next tournament!

There is quite a few talented managers out there and some good younger ones also who could be involved the set up but these 4 shouldnt get a sniff.

There's a lot of posters on here quite good at saying who we SHOULD'NT get. But we are limited to who we can afford and who hasn't ruled themselves out.

We also need to leave our Gers bias out - e.g Levein. If he's the man, we get behind him; he will not be any worse than GB. O.k. he ranted against us over a few debatable decisions but he did v. C****c too as I recall. I'm not making a pitch for him, just saying that we should be realistic. Levein at least has shown a bit of passion on behalf of his club.

There's a lot of posters on here quite good at saying who we SHOULD'NT get. But we are limited to who we can afford and who hasn't ruled themselves out.

We also need to leave our Gers bias out - e.g Levein. If he's the man, we get behind him; he will not be any worse than GB. O.k. he ranted against us over a few debatable decisions but he did v. C****c too as I recall. I'm not making a pitch for him, just saying that we should be realistic. Levein at least has shown a bit of passion on behalf of his club.

If push came to shove I'd probably take Jefferies or Levein over Calderwood or Collins. I'd imagine that both Jefferies & Levein would get Boyd back in the squad & play him as well !!

Collins and Calderwood together seems like a reasonable enough duo to me, never mind either or. Calderwood would certainly bring the fire, while if nothing else Collins would insist on professionalism. I'd much rather have those two than Levein, whom I neither rate nor think would be able to cope with the limelight.

Collins would get the media off Scotland's back also; given that they've spent the last few years bumming him up as the best, most cosmopolitan, brightest coach to come out of Scotland, I wonder how long it would take them to stick the knife in?

Collins and Calderwood together seems like a reasonable enough duo to me, never mind either or. Calderwood would certainly bring the fire, while if nothing else Collins would insist on professionalism. I'd much rather have those two than Levein, whom I neither rate nor think would be able to cope with the limelight.

Collins would get the media off Scotland's back also; given that they've spent the last few years bumming him up as the best, most cosmopolitan, brightest coach to come out of Scotland, I wonder how long it would take them to stick the knife in?

Collins is a total muppet of a public figure, but at least he might give some youth a chance & drop some of the die hard older players that haven't been doing the business. Jimmy Calderwood is a manager that I just don't think has what it takes to reinvigorate the national team.

I doubt that any of those 4 candidates really has what it takes to be a great Scotland manager tbh, but lets wait & see because the SFA don't have the bottomless pockets required to bring in real quality having just forked out a small fortune from their budget to get rid of Burley.