Hassled again in the GF for singing!!

Just thought i would share an incedent at yesterdays game , me and my 2 mates sing all through the game in the Govan Front row A , we decided to move back a few rows as we were getting drenched , any how it was about 89mins gone and there was a sea of blue seats around us but the 3 of us still were singing "Derrys Walls" being the tune in question

So we are belting it out and from nowhere a polis officer appears in front of us and tells us to sit down and be quite as he knows what singing Derry Walls leads too ??? we all looked at each other in amazement :confused: and asked what he was talking about he said "i can hear you singing and i cant ignore it as i know what singing it leads to" ??? so we questioned him and asked at what point in Derrys Walls is there offensive or secterian words ?? he obviously hadnt a clue as he just repeated himself and said we were being watched , this is the 2nd bit of hassle me and my mates have had in the past 3 home games - our crime supporting our team in our own stadium you couldnt make it up , lets all just pay our �£500 a year to sit and shut up for 90 mins its an absolute disgrace

I mentioned it to the ed of No 1 as he is a friend and he said i should have taken his number or requested to see his superior and asked for an explanation which i wish i had,its all around the stadium fans being hasseld for doing nothing wrong ,just pay your money sit down and shut up thats what they want us all to do.

Disgraceful. This has been going on for a long time and some have had much worse treatment. This was one of the final straws that made me decide I needed a sabbatical from Ibrox. It might not make me much of a supporter in some eyes but there comes a point when everyone has to decide whether what's going on in the boardroom, on the pitch and in the stands is what they are prepared to continue paying for. Each to there own but when Murray sells and some of the bullshit you experienced on Saturday is brought under control, I hope I'll be able to think differently.

Disgraceful. This has been going on for a long time and some have had much worse treatment. This was one of the final straws that made me decide I needed a sabbatical from Ibrox. It might not make me much of a supporter in some eyes but there comes a point when everyone has to decide whether what's going on in the boardroom, on the pitch and in the stands is what they are prepared to continue paying for. Each to there own but when Murray sells and some of the bullshit you experienced on Saturday is brought under control, I hope I'll be able to think differently.

I honestly dont blame you taking that stance as it put a bad taste on an otherwise good day at Ibrox, its like they are paid to ruin your matchday experiance.

We left the stadium raging and angry as we had done nothing wrong, i await tuesdays game for more of the same no doubt.

I honestly dont blame you taking that stance as it put a bad taste on an otherwise good day at Ibrox, its like they are paid to ruin your matchday experiance.

We left the stadium raging and angry as we had done nothing wrong, i await tuesdays game for more of the same no doubt.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't for a moment suggest anyone else does the same as me. It's a purely personal decision. I'm just disppointed that you had to experience that from either police or stewards. It's just not good enough.

Sounds like you were an easy target for the copper mate, simply because there were only 3 of you. From what I saw in the Broomloan yesterday, The Blue Order were standing singing & chanting practically constantly without any hassle. Most of them don't sit down at all. I did see one big guy with no shirt on down near the front getting pulled up by a steward, but I don't know what it was about.

If I was going to buy a season ticket myself, it would definitely have to be in the Broomloan with TBO. The only thing I don't like about the Broomloan & Copland stands is that you can't see what's going on at the other end of the pitch very well, but maybe I'm just getting old and losing my sight. :)

I think TheEA's advice is good. If it happens again, take a note of the steward involved and write to the club complaining. Speaking to his supervisor and getting the supervisor's name or number is also a good idea.

Bloody jobsworths.

I think TheEA's advice is good. If it happens again, take a note of the steward involved and write to the club complaining. Speaking to his supervisor and getting the supervisor's name or number is also a good idea.

Bloody jobsworths.

The stewards and polis act on what the CLUB want [except for clear crimes or offences]. The Club are at fault and have been for quite some time now.

Sounds like you were an easy target for the copper mate, simply because there were only 3 of you. From what I saw in the Broomloan yesterday, The Blue Order were standing singing & chanting practically constantly without any hassle. Most of them don't sit down at all. I did see one big guy with no shirt on down near the front getting pulled up by a steward, but I don't know what it was about.

If I was going to buy a season ticket myself, it would definitely have to be in the Broomloan with TBO. The only thing I don't like about the Broomloan & Copland stands is that you can't see what's going on at the other end of the pitch very well, but maybe I'm just getting old and losing my sight. :)

Should have gone to specsavers mate :whistle:

Bloody jobsworths.

Yeah we should have at the time was just taken aback by it, will know what to do next time.