Madjid plays down Miller row

Wait a minute, there's absolutely nothing in that article about the RST or fan ownership schemes. I hope this post about football isn't the start of a trend.:whistle:

... said the man who's started most RST threads ;)

I expected that and I won't deny it. :) But I will admit to becoming hugely jaundiced about all things RST and only the knowledge that I'm 100% right about it keeps me going.:D

Aye, being right has rejuvenating properties. :) I'm likewise done talking about the RST, though. I'm done with the maybe-it'll-work-out-good, oh-no-they've-gone-and-said-something-else-petty cycle. Sticking to the fitbaw now :)

Aye, being right has rejuvenating properties. :) I'm likewise done talking about the RST, though. I'm done with the maybe-it'll-work-out-good, oh-no-they've-gone-and-said-something-else-petty cycle. Sticking to the fitbaw now :)

I thought the accepted spelling was fitba. Maybe an apostrophe? Or is the double-U somehow a more appropriate replacement for a double-L. These things cause me no end of trouble.:)

I thought the accepted spelling was fitba. Maybe an apostrophe? Or is the double-U somehow a more appropriate replacement for a double-L. These things cause me no end of trouble.:)

I dunno man, given its like a phonological representation of dialect, I think fitbaw is more Glaswegian than fitba. Fitba seems more like chookterish :) Its all dilemma - but as my sociolinguistic dude said, there is no right and wrong with spelling and grammar, just convention and social prestige. Like the "proper" spellings we have are just the codification of a southern english dialect by people like caxton (or who-eve it was that brought the printing press here) because it was his own. Then people like Sheridan tried to convince everyone they should not only spell things the same, but pronounce it the same, and then BBC English was later born off this idea, and the notion of a "proper" way to speak became popular. Aye, Im sticking with "fitbaw" but each to his own. :D

I dunno man, given its like a phonological representation of dialect, I think fitbaw is more Glaswegian than fitba. Fitba seems more like chookterish :) Its all dilemma - but as my sociolinguistic dude said, there is no right and wrong with spelling and grammar, just convention and social prestige. Like the "proper" spellings we have are just the codification of a southern english dialect by people like caxton (or who-eve it was that brought the printing press here) because it was his own. Then people like Sheridan tried to convince everyone they should not only spell things the same, but pronounce it the same, and then BBC English was later born off this idea, and the notion of a "proper" way to speak became popular. Aye, Im sticking with "fitbaw" but each to his own. :D

See, it's this lack of convention that's fukked us up here. I'm seeing fitba and hearing fitbaw but ober in you corner its resonating as fitbah. I wonder what Walter hears ...... hoofbaw? :)

My mug in front of me confidently cites the dictionary definition of "fitba'"

fitba'

(fit-baw) Dialect, chiefly Scot. ~n.

1. (m) the beautiful game.

2. (f) stupid game involving 22 grown men (and 3 officials of dubious parentage and eyesight) kicking a lump of leather around a field, often sparking irrational behaviour, bad language and blind devotion to a team or players, to the detrement of normal marital realtions.

(see fitba' widow)