News & Reports on Rangers Youth Teams

Elfideldo, not sure of this has been asked of you before, and if so I apologise, but your thoughts on the Telfer situation? Was he deserving of an opportunity in the first team? Is he talented enough to go greater heights under a manager more open to using youngsters? Have Rangers lost out on a future superstar? How did Telfer compare to his counterparts at u20 level? Many thanks

All of this of course is just my personal opinions and having watched Charlie for a number of years I would wish him all the best in his future career. It is disappointing he didn't get the chance at Rangers, and the style of play the team was asked to play on occasions was not a game he was suited to.

Where as he isn't the next Messi I do believe Charlie has a chance of making the grade at a decent level. With the level of football we have been playing at in the last two years quite a few players in the u20's deserved an opportunity in the first team. Under 20's is a world away from first team football but until players get an opportunity to play in the first team their ability to take that step will remain an unknown.

In terms of his counterparts in the U20's Charlie is up there, but If pushed to put players in some sort of order I personally would put Tom Walsh and Ryan Sinnamon at the head of the queue. Tom has had a horrendous season with injury and has hardly played, while Ryan has played the season at left-back rather than on his natural right side, this is due to the U20's not having a naturally left sided player on the squad. (U15's don't have a left sided player either).

Charlie was never a Sinky type of player and a couple of years ago wasn't really a first pick in his age group, Mark Wotte heaped praise on him when he was selected for Scotland youth squads and things changed.

I believe Rangers "forgot" his contract was ending, the club really should be taken to task on that and an explanation on why this happened and what has been done to stop it happening again. This would likely come out should the fee go to a tribunal, he only got an offer from Rangers after he had received one from Dundee United. The 50-60k that we are will get is a significant figure for Dundee United and not something they would pay lightly, this is an indication of how highly they rate him.

We now have lost three highly rated players in three seasons who have chosen to continue their career elsewhere, if this doesn't set alarm bells ringing then I don;t know what would. The question I'm asking is who will it be next season ?