Levein to meet with SFA

I think there are worse men they could have got, if they get him, but in the way that Leicester was maybe too eary for him, hence he flopped, I fear Scotland may be too early for him as well.

Managing the national side is extremely hard, managing any national team is, and even Euro 96 winner Berti Vogts couldn't handle Scotland. Admittedly Levein is more familiar with Scottish players, and shouldn't flop as badly as the German did, but Burley was equally familiar and crashed and burned. Despite excelling in the past with Hearts and Ipswich.

I do feel his recent enthusiasm for the role is borne from the humbling his Utd took from us. That defeat may have made him feel his side would never get any better than it currently is, and would never realistically challenge for the SPL, hence his work was done there.

If this is the best Scotland can come up with we really are struggling

Well yes, that's why we're in this mess. I think we have a better pool of players than many give us credit for, but the calibre of manager the team attracts is not exactly illustrious.