Levein set for Scots post

I think he has had a massive grudge against us since the Cup Final.

He always spits the dummy out, there is by far better candidates out there.

To be fair, he appears to have a grudge against most teams and refs whenever things don't go his way. Which on one hand isn't a bad thing for any manager, especially when dealing with the SFA. I think its a risky move for him to take the job though and it will either be the making of him or could finish his career at the top level for a good while to come.

Who else is out there just now who would take the job and who the SFA could afford though Fraser? The FAI managed it but had a lot of money to spend, I don't know if the SFA are in a position to do that.

I think he has had a massive grudge against us since the Cup Final.

He always spits the dummy out, there is by far better candidates out there.

Mate, you were one of the few folk who wanted Burley to stay. I'll kindly overlook your opinion of Levein thanks. ;)

To be fair, he appears to have a grudge against most teams and refs whenever things don't go his way. Which on one hand isn't a bad thing for any manager, especially when dealing with the SFA. I think its a risky move for him to take the job though and it will either be the making of him or could finish his career at the top level for a good while to come.

Who else is out there just now who would take the job and who the SFA could afford though Fraser? The FAI managed it but had a lot of money to spend, I don't know if the SFA are in a position to do that.

Couple of very good points there Mike.

I said on another thread, whilst he might appear to hold grudges at different times, I haven't heard anything from him to suggest he's doing it from any other perspective than his own teams interest.

Mate, you were one of the few folk who wanted Burley to stay. I'll kindly overlook your opinion of Levein thanks. ;)

At least Burley could at least split never mind go top of the Old Firm ! Burley had done things in his career unlike Levien. Only reason he is taking the job as he knows he won't be able to win the SPL now since we gave him a right good humping last week. What has he actually done as a manager ? Has he even managed in europe ? Maybe he has as the Hearts managaer, but still nothing at the top level which we need as the Scotland manager.

Fed up of the SFA going for the cheap option, get someone in and back him ! Would probably cost less of keep hiring and firing !

At least Burley could at least split never mind go top of the Old Firm ! Burley had done things in his career unlike Levien. Only reason he is taking the job as he knows he won't be able to win the SPL now since we gave him a right good humping last week. What has he actually done as a manager ? Has he even managed in europe ? Maybe he has as the Hearts managaer, but still nothing at the top level which we need as the Scotland manager.

Fed up of the SFA going for the cheap option, get someone in and back him ! Would probably cost less of keep hiring and firing !

Who would be your preferred manager fraser?

• 9 months later...
Who would be your preferred manager fraser?

Never seen this post, i would love Souness to be in charge but can't see him ever taking it.

I told you about Levein, didn't think he could step up to international level.

Never seen this post, i would love Souness to be in charge but can't see him ever taking it.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I can see the logic of Souness far more clearly now than I did when he was interviewed by the SFA.

If anything, the Burley and Levein eras (so far) have shown that any success we might find on the pitch will come from the leadership shown from the manager. Under Walter Smith, and to a lesser extent Alex McLeish, the players played for their country but also their manager. He fired them up, dressed them down, set them out as difficult to beat but gave them the belief that they posed a threat in attacking areas. In essence, Smith was Scotland's 12th man on the pitch. Under Burley it was like being two men down before the game even started; and under Levein, the performances have been uninspiring at best so he could be going down the same road.

I hope to be proven completely wrong by Levein I certainly have more hope under him than I ever did under Burley. Time, however, is running out.