POLICE to assess area around New Douglas Park on Friday

More...

POLICE will decide tomorrow morning whether to allow Sunday's Scottish Cup tie between Hamilton Accies and Rangers to go ahead.

An inspection of the area surrounding New Douglas Park has been scheduled for 11am as the cold snap continues to grip the country.

The playing surface at the stadium is fine but conditions outside the perimeter walls are causing concern after heavy snow and frost over the last couple of weeks.

A number of other ties planned for this weekend have already been called off in the last 24 hours, including Celtic's trip to face Morton at Cappielow Park.

Games at Raith Rovers, Forfar Athletic, Inverness Caledonian Thistle and Ayr United have also been cancelled.

Despite the adverse conditions, Accies are doing everything they can to ensure the land adjacent to their ground is safe.

They remain confident the game will take place as planned at 12.15pm on Sunday but if it is put off, the match will be rescheduled for 7.45pm on Tuesday night.

As soon as a decision on whether the original fixture will take place or not is made, we'll bring you news of it right here on the official Rangers website.

Edited by Frankie

I'd be surprised if this game goes ahead

Yeah I doubt it.

However, if the Hibs/Hearts game last week managed to get played after all the snow on the Saturday, then hopefully we can get our game on this weekend with a few days notice.

any 'locals' been in and around that area ? I know there is an inpsection tomorrow, but even looking at the situation now, it must be clear if it is going to be realistic to be played ? doesn't seem as if there will be any thawing for the forseeable future, so surely it won't go ahead ?

Hate that wee ground anyway !

Groundstaff and player apprentices are attempting to clear pathways and access roads ahead of tomorrow's inspection. Accies reckon pitch will be ready via combination of removing snow and their under-soil heating.

Groundstaff and player apprentices are attempting to clear pathways and access roads ahead of tomorrow's inspection. Accies reckon pitch will be ready via combination of removing snow and their under-soil heating.

Here's hoping the game goes ahead,with the MOPES game off they might just get a wee fixture pile up :whistle:

I'm not far from Hamilton. It should be on as far as i can see. Cars are freely travelling around here, Motherwell, Wishaw, North Lanarkshire and Glasow for most parts.

Okay the traffic can be slow but roads are well cleared, just a bit slushy and dirty thats all.

The only thing i'd be seriously concerned about is a hard pitch.

It's getting upwards of -7 and -8 now for at least a week and although it hasn't snowed atall for 3 days now, the ice is a problem for grass.

As is the case with most places, paths off the major roads have not been treated and can be treacherous, but it's not so bad and most people are getting used to dealing with it. Life goes on despite the cold and most people are at work.

As far as i can see, and regarding roads leading into Hamilton, that game should be on.B ut the pitch i cannot give any insight on.