Rothen seeks early Rangers exit

I don't know where on earth he got best player from and I don't remember him starring in any games but he is right that he has been often played out of position. He's been a shocking signing but with a run of games in his proper position things might have gone differently.

I hoped he'd do better than he has when we signed him but quite quickly it became obvious he didn't have the legs (or the will) for the SPL so has only really had the one good game (v Stuttgart) before he lost his place...

I'm surprised our scouts couldn't see such an eventuality given the player's recent disappointing record in France.

Whoever was responsible for even associating this guys name with our club, should be shot!

He is dreadful. Purely and simply.

If that was a scout, then he should never work in football again. If it was one of the coaching staff, they should issue a public apology to the fans and endeavour to make it up to us with a good, talented footballer.

Theres lots of them out there, surely to god a scout can get that right.

If someone gave me a scouts job, i'd make sure i'd get it right. A five year old could've seen that Rothen was not up to the job in the SPL.

I think the scenario is that we were desperate for a left winger, had no money and were able to snap up a guy with a big reputation for free and only pay him half his wage. Probably seemed like an irresistible bargain at the time.

I hoped he'd do better than he has when we signed him but quite quickly it became obvious he didn't have the legs (or the will) for the SPL so has only really had the one good game (v Stuttgart) before he lost his place...

I'm surprised our scouts couldn't see such an eventuality given the player's recent disappointing record in France.

Agree. I don't think it matters what position he played in. Sure being out of position wont have helped him, but the severe lack of physical attributes would have hampered him on either flank.

A lack of pace, fitness and defensive contribution meant he would have failed whatever. The physical attributes are every bit as important as the technical ability and tactical nouse in modern football. It is part of why Ronaldo is possibly the best in the game atm. Lightning pace and acceleration, strength, power (leading ot jumpin ability and dominance in the air possibly not seen from a winger and flair player before). Yes, he might play a cynical game when it comes to diving but he can use his strength to ride challenges and bully opponents.