Think it's a ridiculous decision.

They were several goals to the good when it occured and did not really affect the outcome.

I also think there are precedents, if not in Scotland in British football, of teams getting away with a fine.

The guy came on as a sub when the game was over as a contest. A fine and slap on the wrists was in order imo. Had he started the game and the scoreline was closer fair enough but I think this is the SFA (or whoever) showing they can be hard when they need to. Easier to tackle a "wee" team than deal with big teams where they would be more likely to wimp out.

And that was my p.o.v. before I knew about Celtic's by which is even more ridiculous. Surely at the very least should have reinstated the defeated opponents in place of Dunfermline. Although that would still be a stick on Celtic victory it would require them to negotiate another fixture and cup tie rather than the farce of a bye.

Last season a team (can't remember who) were fined 10k for fielding an ineligible player. This season Dunfermline, the fannies that they are, are dumped out of the Scottish Cup or whatever it's called now.

Hardly fair.

Last season a team (can't remember who) were fined 10k for fielding an ineligible player. This season Dunfermline, the fannies that they are, are dumped out of the Scottish Cup or whatever it's called now.

Hardly fair.

Axon Homes or something. I remember the logo came up and being so used to Tennents it confused the crap out of me.

Hardly fair.

Think it was Brechin who got dumped out last season? They were due to play Aberdeen at Pittodrie which would have "kept the club going for 20 years" according to the Brechin board. Epic Fail :D

This kind of thing can seem harsh, particularly when it affects smaller clubs, but rules are rules - we've got a lot of injuries at the moment but we still can't ask Iniesta if he fancies a game at Hamilton on Saturday without registration.

This kind of thing can seem harsh, particularly when it affects smaller clubs, but rules are rules - we've got a lot of injuries at the moment but we still can't ask Iniesta if he fancies a game at Hamilton on Saturday without registration.

Doubt he'd muscle Thomson or Davis out the team anyway. :D

Although, we are short of strikers.

Damn shame. I consider him the best player in the world.

Apparently they broke 4 rules, not just 1 that's why they are dumped out.

You say it wasnt a contest anymore, but at what scoreline doesn't it become a contest ?

A part of me says a bit harsh, but this should happen to all clubs that do this. Will stamp out all of this stupidity