RST Spokesman David Edgar Stepping Out in the Summer

Trust Spokesman Stepping Out in the Summer

Friday, 29 January 2010 01:19

Popular Trust board member David Edgar has intimated that he intends to retire from the Board before the next Trust AGM, scheduled to be held at the start of next season.

David had flagged up changing personal and professional circumstances some time ago but agreed to carry on in his media role because of the critical position the club found itself in. In the meantime he will be devoting his energies to ensuring that Rangers fans obtain the maximum say in the running of the football club during this time of change by continuing his work in the media.

David will remain a member of the Trust and will continue to provide strategic media advice to the Board.

He said "It's been an honour and a privilege to perform this role, and also a lot of fun. By the time of the next AGM I will have been in the role for six years, in which the Trust has grown significantly and I am proud of the part I have played in that. However, everybody has a shelf life in a role and I feel I have reached mine! It's a very challenging, time-consuming position but also a very rewarding one. I remain a committed and passionate supporter of the Trust and step down safe in the knowledge that the RST is safe in the hands of an exceptionally talented board."

http://www.rangerssupporterstrust.co.uk/rstsite/

ensuring that Rangers fans obtain the maximum say in the running of the football club during this time of change by continuing his work in the media.

Typo there. They must have meant 'Trust members.'

I don't know the guy but his heart certainly seemed in the right place.

I feel very sad at this news though I also accept the need for a personal life , David Edgar irrespective of what positon he holds at the RST always spoke with the best intentions of the club and the supporters , when ever we were under attack by "our media friends" and our senior management had managed to slink into the background again , David Edar was always there to rally the troops whether good or bad , we were not alone , no matter the circumstance I always felt my view was being heard.

I will always be thankful that we had a David Edgar who was willing to stand and be heard when so many sat on their hands