I am going to watch Borrussia Dortmund v Bayer Leverkusen tomorrow. I am almost becoming a regular at Dortmund games.:). Shame for their Celtic links i would be a far bigger supporter without them.

Slightly later FC Twenthe take on PSV in Eindhoven which if they win would make them strong favourites to win their first ever championship. As a lot of the guy's i am going to Dortmund with are Twente supporters the text messages will be coming in thick and fast. I have always had a soft spot for PSV since we beat them 3-2 in the Bobby Russell days and they were the first team i watched when i came to Holland beating Wolves with Emlyn Hughes and Andy Gray, 3-1. I really hope Twente win this one as it would be really great for many of my friends and colleagues and super for a normally sub-top team to beat the big 3.(Ajax Feynoord PSV).

Then of course is the the small matter of the cup final on Sunday to round the weekend off.

What a weekend:spl::spl::spl:

P.s. I was invited by the Dortmund supporters to travel to Berlin with them. 150 euro's for Hotel 2 nights + bus + all drink on the bus for free + ticket for the game. Unfortunately i am sponsoring my wife and daughter to go to Spain for 10 days so i had to renegue. The 150 euros is not the problem but the amount i would spend while in Berlin.:)

Missed out on a KV Hamburg V Dortmund match a couple of years ago when in Hamburg on a stag do, we were all so hammered on the friday night that nobody could get up early enough on the Saturday to go and get our tickets. Remember the Dortmund fans that night though in all the Hamburg clubs etc. They were all very friendly and bought us drinks all night.

Missed out on a KV Hamburg V Dortmund match a couple of years ago when in Hamburg on a stag do, we were all so hammered on the friday night that nobody could get up early enough on the Saturday to go and get our tickets. Remember the Dortmund fans that night though in all the Hamburg clubs etc. They were all very friendly and bought us drinks all night.

I attended Dortmund v Hamburg a few months ago and was amazed that the Dortmund and Hamburg supporters just mixed with each other, standing and sitting side by side in the stadium and at the beer tents. Dortmund hate Schalke supporters though i doubt if there is one Schalke supporter who would dare to leave the Schalke stand.

On the bus journey we pass the Schalke stadium. As soon as they see the floodlights they spring out their seats and start singing a Dortmund song which is about ripping the stomach of a Shalke fan open. Their favourite chant is Shizer 04(Shite 04). I find it a bit like the tims with Rangers they seem to hate shalke more than they love Dortmund.

What a fantastic day. 80.100 attendance. Leverkusen were better in the first half but Dortmund played excellent in the second and won 3-0. The stadium was absolutely jumping for most of the second half. It remembered me of the good old days before seating and bans at Ibrox.

On the bus back the texts of how Twente were doing were coming in fast and furious. The atmosphere dipped when Twente went 1-0 behind. 15 minutes later came the 1-1 text and the atmosphere lifted again. Well done Twente for the 1-1 in Eindhoven hopefully that was a push to the Championship.

Today was the icing on the cake of course. No need to say how today went.

As the title said: What a weekend!:spl::spl::spl:

Rangers win the league cup.

Scotland finally got a deserved win in the 6 nations.

Only thing missing was a Celtic defeat. :(

Did we beat Ireland.:eek: Shit that makes it a super weekend. I never imagined that result. I will need to try and watch a replay of that.

Did we beat Ireland.:eek: Shit that makes it a super weekend. I never imagined that result. I will need to try and watch a replay of that.

23-20.

Got quite tight at the end. US edging ahead with penalties and them replying. Parks kicked a great pen from wide on the left in abou 79 minutes and we held on.

Partly due to the Irish being poor, but on another season we could and should have beaten Wales and England. Never saw the italy game but if you can play as well as we did against those other 3 nations then we are capable of beating Italy. Granted France were too good for us, but we deserved more from the tournament imo and certainly didn't deserve the wooden spoon.