So Davis is back on the right?

The wide positions have been a long-held problem at this club. We've tried allcomers on the left, with no one truly making the position their own. And CM Davis has been on the right pretty much all year, despite the fact he's better in the middle, a point both Ally and Walter are well aware of.

We went on that terrific run in December of nigh-on cricket scores with Novo left, Beasley right, and McCulloch and Davis in their central positions. Injuries ended that run and since then we've been jiggling around with personnel, seeing Lafferty, Fleck, Naismith and Beasley all on the left rotated, with Davis back on the right.

It seems to me, while we've been peerless this season, it could be better - and Davis continues to be played in this wide right position which sees him maybe at 70% of his capacity.

What would be the matter with reverting back to the wide men of December and putting Davis back where he can do most damage? Everyone's fit and it worked once upon a time, so why not again?

And hey, it might even get some form out of Boyd...

The only reason Davis got the chance to play in the centre was because of injuries to McCulloch and Thomson. McCulloch is Walter's golden boy and it would take one hell of a loss of form before he'd contemplate dropping him. Davis is totally and utterly wasted on the right and i would say is actually 50% less effective out there

Davis does cut inside a lot but I feel he is wasted out there. If Walter did decide to changes things he should try the December team again against Hamilton and see what happens, he could always change it if it doesn't work.

Davis does cut inside a lot but I feel he is wasted out there. If Walter did decide to changes things he should try the December team again against Hamilton and see what happens, he could always change it if it doesn't work.

As i usually say before such a match, it's an utter disgrace if we start with 2 holding midfielders in a home game against Hamilton

I think there's a chance Thomson might be dropped and our midfield being Novo Davis McCulloch Naismith

As i usually say before such a match, it's an utter disgrace if we start with 2 holding midfielders in a home game against Hamilton

I think there's a chance Thomson might be dropped and our midfield being Novo Davis McCulloch Naismith

I think theres more chance of me winning the lottery than seeing that midfield.(hope im proved wrong tho).:box:

I don't think Davis sticks to the right when he plays anyway - more often than not he has a free role and plays as often inside of the right channel than outside of it.

I also don't think he's been any more impressive in the centre than he has on the right.

But, I do think he should be in the centre (especially in such games as tomorrow) with Novo on the right to provide width.