Is There Light at the End of the Tunnel for Scottish Football?

Nice, positive bit of writing from Super_Ally about the chances of improvement for the national game in Scotland...

- Is There Light at the End of the Tunnel for Scottish Football?

The National team has not competed in an international tournament in 12 years and will not be in South Africa for this summer�s World Cup, with George Burley sacked for overseeing that unsuccessful campaign. Rangers and Celtic failed to make it out of their groups in the Champions League and Europa League respectively whilst Scotland�s other representatives failed to even navigate the qualifying rounds. The recent poor performances in Europe of our league clubs may, in the worst case scenario, see the league champions (likely to be Rangers) needing to negotiate the qualifying rounds if we are to have a Scottish representative in Europe�s premier club competition. There is a definite malaise surrounding our national game at the moment.

Read More...

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/2010/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=262:is-there-light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel-for-scottish-football&catid=1:articles&Itemid=67

:)

I will wait for the answers Henry McLeish comes up with in his review of Scottish Football before i am so positive. If he sparks an improvement in coaching at all levels including the grass roots of the game, better facilities and more grass parks.(Although the way forward may be artificial pitches even in the prof game.) Only then do i feel Scottish football will make a huge step forward. Holland are actually going back to the very basics of what i can remember in Scotland when i was young and that is the play street. This won't be a street anymore as we had, but areas where kids can play street football. They are planning to put in a fenced off area with a fall friendly street surface and goals to bring the kids back to playing street football.