BOSS shoots down Liverpool move for Danny

More...

MANAGER Walter Smith has today shot down reports that Rangers are about to sell Danny Wilson to Liverpool and then take him back on loan.

It has already been confirmed that the Anfield side have inquired about the talented centre back who has burst onto the scene this season.

However, a report stating that Rangers are selling him to Liverpool and then having him return to Rangers as a loan player has been shot down.

Smith said: "I don't think that is the case. I don't think under any circumstance we would allow that to happen.

"There is nothing we can do to stop speculation. That's just something we have live with."

Smith confirmed that Wilson is suffering from a thigh injury will now miss the remaining matches of the campain.

He is the only injury problem for Sunday's potential title clincher at Easter Road.

Edited by Frankie

If he goes, then i wont be back at Ibrox under this regime, i cant see it happening, but what kind of outlook does that offer the fans?

Unfortunately, developing then selling on our best youth players at a substantial profit is one of the few models we can follow nowadays.

I don't mind this as long as the profits are put back into the club and players are not sold at the wrong time.

Guest Flying Hippo
If he goes, then i wont be back at Ibrox under this regime, i cant see it happening, but what kind of outlook does that offer the fans?

I don't see how the regime could be blamed if Wilson leaves. He was offered a contract months ago and rejected it.

I don't see how the regime could be blamed if Wilson leaves. He was offered a contract months ago and rejected it.

Depends on how much the contract was worth...

I'd contend the lad is worthy of a substantial rise which may not be forthcoming if any income is put towards other areas of the club.

I thought he would follow suit and sign like Fleck. Thought he was going to sign after the Hearts away match. I have no problem letting him go for a good fee but he might regret the decision to sit in the reserve team of a EPL team with a considerable amount of defenders. Unless the new 25 man EPL rule disadvantages Liverpool.

Well, they are the ones who should be influencing the guy on his decision and also offering a decent wage.

Maybe its his agent, maybe he wants to leave, maybe its all rubbish, im just saying, he's one of the best young guys coming through at ibrox that i can remember, i wouldn't want to see him go