Apparently we've knocked back a �£3m bid for Wilson

The Home grown rule going by Football manager. If a player is 18 or under when bought it takes them to 3 years at the club to become home grown so Wilson would be 21 and that counts. If Wilson was 19 then he would never be home grown.

This is the way I judge it but its entirely based on FM and I wouldn't rely on it ;).

If the Liverpool switch doesn't happen and his contract runs down, what happens then? I'm assuming he can't leave on a free because of the rules surrounding young players, but will the fee just be a nominal one?

Again I could be wrong Mike but I think that if he left the SPL then he goes for free. Compensation for young players is only applicable when those young players move from one team to another under the rules of one association.

So the only way we get compensation for Wilson is if he moved to Celtic...... no-one else on Scotland could afford him.

This is part of the reason we have been touted as having a decent chance of getting Ledley - we would get him on a Bosman whilst any EPL team would have to pay compensation.