[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NezGumiJRXg]YouTube- Goin' Nowhere (1994)[/ame]

"I'm tired out, my head is aching

I wanna shout, but I feel I'm goin' nowhere

Yeah, I feel I'm goin' nowhere"

Don't think I've ever quoted 'Status Quo' or searched for them online before but given the news of last night; this song, the words and the band name were just perfect for the way I was feeling about our club and the protracted ownership saga of recent times.

It was only less than two months ago that Rangers won the title and yet already the effect of that has worn off. Sure, the management team committing to another year and the club highlighting some of the financial pressure from the bank was easing helped keep the close season boredom at bay for a while longer but last night's news that any takeover attempt was over has brought on that familiar summer depression. A poor World Cup so far hasn't helped so, yes, my head is aching!

The status quo it is then. Andrew Ellis and his mysterious backers won't be buying Rangers. Sir David Murray remains as majority shareholder. Lloyds Bank continue to have important influence in the running of the club. We have little room for manoeuvre in a financial sense. The futures of key players are unclear. Martin Bain asks for patience in terms of new signings. 40,000 Rangers fans renew their season tickets regardless and show renewed loyalty to the club.

Have things ever been different? Where are we goin' then?

Improving relations with the bank and �£5million budgets notwithstanding, what is the future for Rangers under Sir David Murray? Is it more of the same uncertainty and short-termism we've seen in the last ten years or so? Can we really expect more success with this strategy or is continued inconsistency the biggest challenge facing us? What part can the fans play in the future - after all we remain the single largest annual investors into the club?

These are all fair questions and the same ones (and more) have been being asked now for several years. I don't think it is unreasonable to have strong expectations of the club administration and challenge them to improve their contribution. Therefore, at what point will the club recognise the supports' ongoing and undiminished commitment by involving us more closely than they do now? Let us play our part and we may be more appreciative of just how difficult it is to run a football club. We need improved representation and opportunities exist financially in that respect as well.

One of the biggest frustrations of the last year or so has been the amount of leaks and rumour-mongering coming from within the club. If it isn't one director leaking information to his favourite journalist, it's another meeting with supporters he obviously considers more important than you or I. I'd understand that if it was the same message being conveyed but often it is the polar opposite which is completely unhelpful. A division on the board of Rangers Football Club seems apparent and that is then reflected throughout the fan-base. Is that a reflection on the leadership of the new chairman or the AWOL status of our continued owner? Someone must take responsibility.

Of course, the fan-base itself isn't exempt from criticism. Petty online community rivalries persist; supporters groups lack transparency and innovation; while we lack the kind of leadership to put forward our concerns in a credible fashion able to change the way the club deal with us. At what point do we realise we need to organise ourselves more effectively and work together (past differences or not) to find common ground? After all, a cursory look across the fan community shows opinions are not as split as some would have you think and surely we all want the best for the club?

Thus, in the frustration of no change in ownership represents a new opportunity for all the key players. First and foremost we need an owner who can take us away from the 7-10 day long term planning his appointed chairman talked about at the club AGM late last year. If Sir David Murray is genuine in his intentions for the club and if the club really isn't for sale any longer, he must lead from the front. Not via distanced spin and rhetoric which the support have grown wise to but via stepping in and showing us the kind of ambition we seen in the 1990s. Money may well be tight but that doesn't mean changes can't be made for the better.

What shouldn't be forgotten amongst the inevitable negativity above is that we've won the league titles for two seasons on the trot. To do that under the challenges we've faced is something to be positive about so we do have the chance to build upon this success from a position of relative strength. Do we treat this juncture as an obstacle or as a catalyst for change?

To conclude, we may not be re-building under new ownership but the old guard can show us they're just as capable despite the mistakes of recent times. To that end, I'll try and finish in a progressive fashion with another lyric from the song in the article title. Is Sir David Murray and Rangers Football Club up to the challenge?

Yeah I hope I'm goin' somewhere

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGnyTOyESbU]YouTube- Talking Heads Road to Nowhere[/ame]

Sorry aint as clever as you pair , but the link is very apt

How did that get there , ahhhh!!

I despair of any balance in this ongoing story, Darrel King putting Muir in the banks role again, what a fekkin tosser, he should be sine die from Ibrox, shit stirrin muppet.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbIcfFD30Ms]YouTube- FREDDIE MERCURY: The Great Pretender[/ame]