Celtic clinch Ledley signing

I'Ve hardly seen the guy play to make a comment. Some quarters rate him highly and others say he's average. IMO if he was as good as some are saying why aren't any big clubs in for him?

Roma want him.

Now's the chance for us to nip in and sign him; echoes of the Mo Johnston signing. Wouldn't they just love that?

these days even the most optimistic gers fan knows that is not going to happen :(

these days even the most optimistic gers fan knows that is not going to happen :(

But why? They're dependent on any cash they get for wee Aids, while we will have Champion League cash. Just think: we could sell him on for a lot, so wouldn't really be a gamble. And most importantly of all: he would solve our left side problem. You're also forgetting he wouldn't cost anything - it's a Bosman loophole! How can he prefer THEM to a shop window exposure in the CL?

Edited by alexscottislegend
additional info

But why? They're dependent on any cash they get for wee Aids, while we will have Champion League cash. Just think: we could sell him on for a lot, so wouldn't really be a gamble. And most importantly of all: he would solve our left side problem. You're also forgetting he wouldn't cost anything - it's a Bosman loophole! How can he prefer THEM to a shop window exposure in the CL?

I'd rather we found a talented left winger that didn't cost us serious money on wages initially, preferably a younger player like an 18 or 19 yr old. We might even have one in Wylde.

It says more than no decent clubs being interested. He's a good player who'll be sold to the EPL for millions.

In your opinion, Roma are �£350m in debt and up for sale so maybe they're on the hunt for free transfers also.

IF he was as good as reports are saying more than 1 or 2 decent clubs would be interested IMO. Do you know for a fact he will be sold for millions :whistle:

i don't think we will pay �£25k a week for someone even on a free transfer, we paid good money for lafferty but i doubt we could get our money back for him so how does everyone know he will be sold for millions when i doubt many have seen him play in a handful of games and not many decent clubs are interested in him, if he was that good more clubs would surely be interested especially on a free transfer but not many are why :confused:

celtic are panic buying in my opinion and wasting a lot of money on wages and signing on fees like we used to do. paying big wages for bullard and campbell if they come could set them back if it doesn't work out or they get injured like they usually do.....