For the record, I want Boyd and Thomson to do well with their new club. Not because of them but because if two of our key players go to the championship and bomb, already poor opinions of Scottish football and Rangers will plummet further. We struggle to attract players as it is and the league is seen as micky mouse, 'star' players failing in a second teir league will do nothing to help that at all.

The SPL is as low as it will ever get tbh. Rotten displays by our players down there won't really make any difference to the standing of the SPL imo.

Guest Northampton_loyalist
The SPL is as low as it will ever get tbh. Rotten displays by our players down there won't really make any difference to the standing of the SPL imo.

If you think we are as low as we can go I think you might be in for a rude awakening unfortunately. The other mob will very shortly need to start paying for their mistakes and pretty much every revenue stream in Scottish football is shrinking. There is a way to go before we hit the bottom yet, and it will happen.

the one crumb of comfort I take in all of this is that when the cows come home for the rest of our game, we should have a head start because we are now working towards being at the level we should in terms of spending, the rest WILL go through what we are, if they have not already.

Guys,

I can understand that we all have opinions on various other Gers forums and, I am sure, they have their opinions of us. Can we please try our best to ensure that we keep those opinions to ourselves ?

I have an opinion of this place alright. FF is bigger so every topic is discussed in a very impersonal way, until you hit on a big or emotive topic. When the big ones come along you tend to end up with one person argueing against 3 or 4 with 1000 or more watching on (guess which twat is 99% of the time the 1 :D). Everyone else gets scared off (the amount of times folk will PM saying 'liking what you said on x thread' is amazing) from posting incase they get a savaging.

Here, although it is smaller, you can get to grips with one or two guys and most of the time thrash out a decent arguement without sillyness. There is no lack of intelligence here but there are some guys on FF that would be considered more clued up or 'clever' but they are more than balanced out by the thousands of people of questionable intelligence and sanity. That is just simple laws of averages.

I dont prefer one over the other as such, but they both serve different roles to the support; the size of FF gives it some advantages that a place such as this will never see, but the size brings its fair share of problems too. People here giving it the 'yeah, but you are from FF' are every bit as much the problem in our divided support as anyone else, and I mean that quite litterally. I am not an FF poster, I am a Rangers fan who uses the internet; whether that be FF, here or anywhere else. Sitting moaning about FF while trotting shite like that out is hypocritical and counter-intuitive in the extreme.

Edited by Northampton_loyalist

I have an opinion of this place alright. FF is bigger so every topic is discussed in a very impersonal way, until you hit on a big or emotive topic. When the big ones come along you tend to end up with one person argueing against 3 or 4 with 1000 or more watching on (guess which twat is 99% of the time the 1 :D). Everyone else gets scared off (the amount of times folk will PM saying 'liking what you said on x thread' is amazing) from posting incase they get a savaging.

Here, although it is smaller, you can get to grips with one or two guys and most of the time thrash out a decent arguement without sillyness. There is no lack of intelligence here but there are some guys on FF that would be considered more clued up or 'clever' but they are more than balanced out by the thousands of people of questionable intelligence and sanity. That is just simple laws of averages.

I dont prefer one over the other as such, but they both serve different roles to the support; the size of FF gives it some advantages that a place such as this will never see, but the size brings its fair share of problems too. People here giving it the 'yeah, but you are from FF' are every bit as much the problem in our divided support as anyone else, and I mean that quite litterally. I am not an FF poster, I am a Rangers fan who uses the internet; whether that be FF, here or anywhere else. Sitting moaning about FF while trotting shite like that out is hypocritical and counter-intuitive in the extreme.

Probably a more mature way of putting what I was driving at originally. I came here to discuss the bitterness towards these former players because typically you don't got the extreme views and daftness you get on FF. That wasn't to say all posters on there are like that, but (due to law of averages) you get more trolls, idiots and timposters on there and I couldn't believe genuine and sensible fans felt that way (though it appears I misjudged that).

If you think we are as low as we can go I think you might be in for a rude awakening unfortunately. The other mob will very shortly need to start paying for their mistakes and pretty much every revenue stream in Scottish football is shrinking. There is a way to go before we hit the bottom yet, and it will happen.

the one crumb of comfort I take in all of this is that when the cows come home for the rest of our game, we should have a head start because we are now working towards being at the level we should in terms of spending, the rest WILL go through what we are, if they have not already.

I don't mean in terms of financial infrastructure, I just mean our game in general. The quality of it is completely dire and I can't see how we can become any more backwater than we already are.

I don't mean in terms of financial infrastructure, I just mean our game in general. The quality of it is completely dire and I can't see how we can become any more backwater than we already are.

Very, very easily. Take the best players out of our squad, the Millers, Davis and Bougies. Replace them with the best of the rest and what you have is a weaker Rangers and weaker everyone else.

Unfortunately the level of 'skill' in a league is relative to the level of cash in a league.