Anyone visited FF recently?

Reading a thread about the start of Boro's season as obviously Boyd and Thommo have just moved down there. Understandably some fans want to see how former players get on. Others want them to do well as it will reflect more positively on the Scottish game. Some are uninterested and that too is fair enough.

But the amount of bile directed at the pair (Thommo to a far lesser extent) is pretty shocking.

I'm sure (I think) that even their biggest detractors on here would not be writing bitter diatribes about them.

I would like them to do well (though I understand many who want Boro to fail due to the number of mhanks, so hope they do well individually) as they both did us a turn and as said above it will look better for the SPL than if they flop.

Strange, strange characters on the internet and i'm not even referring to wabash. :fish:

Never logged onto FF.

I'll wait to see how they do and will be asking my Boro mate how they are doing.

Ipswich at home today for them, Strachan v Keane....2 ex Celts although I have no problem with Strachan at all, probably the most likeable Celtic manager

Never logged onto FF.

I'll wait to see how they do and will be asking my Boro mate how they are doing.

Ipswich at home today for them, Strachan v Keane....2 ex Celts although I have no problem with Strachan at all, probably the most likeable Celtic manager

Before he went there he was probably universally popular. Provided some amusement on MOTD etc. Soon got infected by their usual nonsense, but nowhere near as bad as many others. Mowbray is quite a likeable Celtic manager too! :spl:

Don't wish them any harm, but they've left the mighty glasgow rangers to goto a middling english club. Good servants to the club, now no longer worthy of our attention :)

As I said, I can understand them wanting to do well. I can also understand not really caring. I can't understand actively wishing them to fail badly. :confused:

I don't share their opinion but I can understand it. Both presented themselves as Rangers diehards who jumped ship when it suited them like any number of foreigners who would get abuse. I personally don't think it's as simple as that with everything that's going on behind the scenes, but i can understand people being pissed off.

to caveat at the outset... I havent been on FF so am only surmising as to the opinions being shown over there.

But what I cant understand is that some of those who are complaining about Thomson and Boyd in particular and some of those same fans were probably at Ibrox today giving Lovenkrands a heroes reception when he came on. I guess time does cloud your memories - Lovenkrands left Rangers because he refused 20k a week to stay.

Do we honestly think that if Boyd returned in 3 or 4 years time that he would get the same type of reception that Lovenkrands got today ? I certainly dont.

I don't share their opinion but I can understand it. Both presented themselves as Rangers diehards who jumped ship when it suited them like any number of foreigners who would get abuse. I personally don't think it's as simple as that with everything that's going on behind the scenes, but i can understand people being pissed off.

I think you would need to see some of the comments to realise that it can not be glossed over so easily and is not comaprable to people grumbling about foreigners using us as a stepping stone.

hope boyd fails........i feel sorry for thomson, he was willing to stay but we couldn`t offer him a contract

"Boydy" will score 10 - 12 goals if he can get off his knees and stop kissing "Big Mick" "Skippy" and "Robbo's" @rses

Boyd will crash and burn.

What else can you expect from a lazy bastard who wouldn't work at his game to become a better player for Rangers?

If he applies himself to try to be the player he should have been at Ibrox, I'll despise him even more than I do now.

I couldn't give a feck about Boyd anymore and thats me being polite, hope Thomson does alright but equally I hope Boro crash and burn.

**** Boyd AND Thomson. I've said that to many a fellow bear through the close season.

Hope Boyd tanks big style

I am nigh on certain that McDonald will score more goals that Boyd.

I wish them nothing but failure. I feel for Thomson because it was shocking how it was handled but Boyd can go and fuck himself with his ******* mates and wee Chesney.

That's not exactly normal beahviour for two players one of whom was a fantastic buy for us and the other was decent. Comapre and contrast, for example, with the tone in which people like PLG, Clement and Sebo are spoken about.