I haven't read anything much about our goalkeeping situation recently, but I am suspicious about Alexander still being here when he quite clearly stated in January that he was wanting to go for first team football and his international chances.

Is it only me that thinks that McGregor may be off just at the end of the window, or if it looks like that is not going to happen, Alexander will go.

With cutbacks across the squad in every other department, I cannot see why the keepers have been left out. We dont really have proper experienced cover for any other position, so why can we afford to keep 2 international keepers?

I think something will happen with one of them before Aug 31, I only hope that it is Alexander that goes, with our best wishes, to pursue first team footy elsewhere (probably a Championship side), and not McGregor being offloaded as that would really affect our chances of 54.

Guest Flying Hippo

I think you're over analysing and worrying about nothing

Alexander is on a wage of around �£10,000 a week and playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world. When he leaves Ibrox, he'll be taking a wagecut and playing for a much weaker team. I can see why he's in no hurry to leave

He was actively pursuing a move last January, and Walter was on record as saying he wouldnt stand in his way as he understood he wanted 1st team football, especially with no reserve league, he got virtually no match action.

I am quite sure he has been quoted as saying he is happy, as he is a model pro, but it doesnt make it true!!

Not sure I agree with you Hippo on that one, I cant believe he would be on as much as �£10Kpw, so a move I dont automatically see as being a bad one financially for him, but certainly it would be to a weaker team.

Maybe it was just the winter blues and that he has since seen that number 2 at Rangers is much better than number 1 anywhere else. He would regret it for the rest of his life if he left now and McGregor got sold in January!!

Guest Flying Hippo

McGregor is going nowhere. Every year so many people are convinced he'll be leaving but he's still here. Boruc playing in the SPL for 5 years and then leaving to be Fiorentina's number 2 goalkeeper has pretty much established that big clubs from big leagues are not going to sign a goalkeeper from the SPL to be their number 1