What do we make of Beattie?

The one thing I would say about his assist for that goal was that it showed a guile none of our other current and recent forwards have shown. I think everyone from Boyd to Nacho would have just turned and blasted it towards goal. Given that it was at such a key time in the match, I'm hoping such guile may be invaluable as we go through the season with a threadbare squad.

Totally agree with this bmck. I think or at least hope, that he's going to prove to be a valuable addition. His experience could prove to be a major asset & even if he's not scoring a lot of goals, if he plays I think he'll play a part in creating the goals that win us games & that's an important factor in retaining our title.

You dont play the number of games in the top level that he has without having something about him , he was frozen out at Stoke and will not be fully fit for a few weeks yet , give him a chance

Another fairly struggling display, albeit most of our players didn't do themselves justice today. Beattie was a signing I was happy with, but I have to say he just hasn't impressed me apart from his work ethic.

As for his record and career up till now, tbh he could have been the ghost of Van Basten, but if he's not playing like that now, what does it matter?