RST AGM - Secretary's statement

I have two thoughts on this, one is sadness at the virtual demise of one of our supporters groups.

The other is if they can't keep good books over a few thousand pounds what would have happened had we taken over the millions at Rangers.

Guest Pokeherface
Unfortunately, I think this post sums the situation up. An EGM to announce these resignations as well as discuss the reasons for them and the direction of a new leadership is perhaps the best/only course of action.

Welcome to Gersnet.

Thank you. A big prompt towards registering here was the fact that all threads relating to the past week have been censored heavily on FF.

I think it has reached the stage now where the guilt or otherwise of certain people in this is now a non issue. The allegations have eaten into the last of the credibility and certain people now bring far more problems than benefits. In the face of that, and assuming they 'care' about the trust, there can only be one sensible option. You need to add into that anyone who was involved with the 'loan' money. Guilty of anything illegal or not, the trust needs to build a reputation for being able to manage finances well and irregularities do nothing towards that.

I dont know the specific requirements but if the board do not call an EGM, can a vote of no confidence be raised by the membership, even if only to open a public debate?

I dont know the specific requirements but if the board do not call an EGM, can a vote of no confidence be raised by the membership, even if only to open a public debate?

The membership can not only call for an EGM (10% of the active membership required though) but can expel any member deemed bringing the organisation into disrepute.

So it would need 150 or so to call for it. Not possible I think considering a proportion of the membership will be made up of dis-interested life members.

No, extremely unlikely.

I think it is now down to the RST Board to determine whether or not such a meeting is required; as well as any discipline for members in breach of trust.

I'm sure a committee was formed a couple of years back to discuss such 'special tasks'.

Has there been any communication as to how all of this will be dealt with/answered (or at least recognised) by the trust? Not seen anything on their official or unofficial websites?

And here's one for you.... would those of you who resigned from the trust board ever consider returning to try and restart the good work and intentions of the trust before all the nonsense started? Assuming these issues that have come to light are resolved?

Has there been any communication as to how all of this will be dealt with/answered (or at least recognised) by the trust? Not seen anything on their official or unofficial websites?

And here's one for you.... would those of you who resigned from the trust board ever consider returning to try and restart the good work and intentions of the trust before all the nonsense started? Assuming these issues that have come to light are resolved?

The only communication I've seen so far is PLG on here and a few other board members on FF discussing the issue in very general and (on FF at least) very defensive terms.

The Trust have yet to comment officially but that has apparently been in the pipeline for several days now.

As for returning to the RST board, well I can only speak for myself, but my life has changed dramatically since I resigned so I wouldn't be standing again any time soon. Rather than look back, I feel the Trust should be looking forward and going back to board members like me who were hardly overly successful may not be the right thing to do.

:)

Cheers Frankie. Was just thinking out loud, but really we're at the point where I don't think any of this matters does it? Membership has dwindled and if, as appears to be the case, that only one side of any issue is going to be allowed to be published on somewhere like FF, then what's the point of any of this? The Trust had a great chance to make a real difference and for whatever reason seem to have pissed it up against the wall.

As has been mentioned, it wouldn't take too many people to call for an EGM, but the membership of the Trust seems to be as apathetic as our support in general, so there's nae chance of that happening. Mr Edgar has got a book coming out apparently, so maybe it wasn't all in vain.

Will the last one out the door please turn off the light as I don't think there's any money left to pay the bill by the sound of it.

Right Alan, so you have. Do SD have your version or what actually happened?

Thank you for acknowledging that Chrisitine. As a Director of SD both nationally and locally naturally I have kept them informed of my own position at RST; and since RST are one of the major if not the major Trust in Scotland they have a keen interest in its affairs.