Valencia v Athletico Bilbao

Watched Valencia win 2-1 last night but it was 1-0 for a long time. They are a good team but Barcelona they are not. Bilbao attacked them throughout the second half and caused them a lot of problems. Would that we would do the same. Chance would be a fine thing. I know the 5-4-1 has been successful so far but I don't fancy us with 40/60 possession against them.

Watched Valencia win 2-1 last night but it was 1-0 for a long time. They are a good team but Barcelona they are not. Bilbao attacked them throughout the second half and caused them a lot of problems. Would that we would do the same. Chance would be a fine thing. I know the 5-4-1 has been successful so far but I don't fancy us with 40/60 possession against them.

I don't fancy us going 4-4-2 against them either. Would it result in more possession, or just more chances to them?

Bilbao are a cracking team too tbh. They wouldn't have been runners-up in both of the Spanish Cups in the same season last year if they weren't. My point being that what Valencia do against Bilbao probably has very little bearing on what they'll do against us in terms of how dangerous they'll be.

Bilbao are a decent team and generally always a solid mid table or higher La Liga side. Valencia's form in the league is frightening. Why would we play 4-4-2 against them? We'd get torn apart. If anything a 4-5-1 is the most offensive formation we could really adopt.

Brahim, we're a good team but Valencia we are not. They are far superior to us and if we stuck another forward on at the expense of a defender or midfielder we'd end up on the wrong end of a tanking. Yes, Man Ure are way superior than us, so if we stick to a 5-4-1 against Valencia we could sneak a draw.

If we even attempted to pass Valencia off the park we'd get destroyed. Stick to what we do best in europe, defend like feck and hit them on the break.