Drew 1-1 home to bottom of the table Zaragoza. An o.g. brought them level. Unsure if key players were rested:

Moya

Miguel Navarro Costa Mathieu

Pablo Banega Topal Mata Vicente

Aduriz

Both goals first half. Zaragoza played 22 mins + stoppage time with 10 men.

I await Totti charging into this thread to tell me Valencia were never being over rated.

He beat you too it. :P

And I don't think they are overrated. You don't routinely finish in the CL/UEFA places in Spain if you're not a quality side. It's like saying Arsenal aren't good because they can't break the Man U/Chelsea duoply down South.

He beat you too it. :P

And I don't think they are overrated. You don't routinely finish in the CL/UEFA places in Spain if you're not a quality side. It's like saying Arsenal aren't good because they can't break the Man U/Chelsea duoply down South.

I didn't say Valencia are over rated. I said *this* Valencia are over rated. The past one with Silva and Villa was a fine team. This one had a bright start to the season (excluding drawing with Atletico and losing to UTD, and drawing with us and drawing with Zaragoza) but now maybe their results are starting to illustrate how good they are.

Put simply, Sevilla last season were a MUCH better team than this Valencia.

I didn't say Valencia are over rated. I said *this* Valencia are over rated. The past one with Silva and Villa was a fine team. This one had a bright start to the season (excluding drawing with Atletico and losing to UTD, and drawing with us and drawing with Zaragoza) but now maybe their results are starting to illustrate how good they are.

Maybe. Wattie disagrees. :fish:

Agreed.

If we can reproduce our best form then I would be confident in getting a result against Valencia,make no mistake they will be slightly worried about Rangers.

Does any of this really matter? Either way they're one of the top teams in the world, as are all the high up sides in Spain.

Does any of this really matter? Either way they're one of the top teams in the world, as are all the high up sides in Spain.

Unlike in England where invariably it's UTD, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea who are the heavyweights, in Spain there are 2 main ones and in the past decade a hundred teams have vied for the 3rd spot - La Coruna, Villarreal, Valencia, Sevilla, Atletico to name just 5 have found themselves in the CL.

My point? You have 2 top teams in Spain, and the rest constantly change. So I'm not sure any side out with the top 2 in Spain is automatically one of the world's best teams. Not when they keep changing so much.

The general standard in La Liga is much higher. Bolton, Sunderland, West Brom etc are all in the top half of the premiership and are considerably inferior to anyone in the top half of La Liga (and other teams too)

The premiership generally just has 4 teams competing because there's only 4 particularly strong sides. In La Liga there is a heap/