Borrowed From Another Forum

By Siobhan McFadyen ( Notw )

Celtic have banned a charity from selling poppies at Parkhead for Rememberance Sunday .

Now fundraisers are hoping that hoops chairman John Reid - former defence Secretary - will overturnn the ruling.

The ban follows protestes by supporters who claim poppies are " hugely insensitive " to Irish fans.

The Poppy Appeal,with its 48 member charities,helps raise millions for war veterans injured in active service.

A charity insider said : " We've never been turned away by any of the big clubs and we find it shocking that Celtic would implement this ban " .

Our welfare work is a lifeline for thousands.We hope Mr Reid will reconsider ".

About 100 fansd walked out of a match in2008 when players wore poppies on their shirts.

But most of the 50,000 fans joined a one-minute round of applause to mark the anniversary of the end of WWI.

A Celtic spokesman said " We don't do collections in the grounds for anything ".

It's a scandal that this is not a front page story...a poppy ban from a club who's chairman is an ex-defence secretary...can you imagine this in any other country? So they pander to the bigots in their support who will not move on from the past and continually disassociate themselves from the rest of British society...

Wear your poppy with pride!

WATP

Given Celtic's biggest cultural problem (outwith their paranoia and siege mentality) is their fans' glorification of terrorism, particularly Irish against British, I'm not surprised they'd ban the selling of poppies - would you trust the fans of that club to behave themselves towards the sellers and each other?

In saying that Reid is a genuine feni@n bastard, so he's probably on the majority of the supporters' side anyway.

It's a scandal that this is not a front page story...a poppy ban from a club who's chairman is an ex-defence secretary...can you imagine this in any other country? So they pander to the bigots in their support who will not move on from the past and continually disassociate themselves from the rest of British society...

Wear your poppy with pride!

WATP

They're not bigots so much, their problem is with glorifying terrorism. That's Celtic's big big problem and I await the day they start to get rightfully persecuted for it.

Not bigots? their problem is that a fair percentage of the celtc support are consumed with hatred for all things British and Protestant...and if you think otherwise, have a wee walk down the gallowgate when celtc are playing at home.

celtc are a club founded in bigotry...

Not bigots? their problem is that a fair percentage of the celtc support are consumed with hatred for all things British and Protestant...and if you think otherwise, have a wee walk down the gallowgate when celtc are playing at home.

celtc are a club founded in bigotry...

I didn't say they weren't bigots, I said it wasn't their biggest problem.

There are many things I hate in life, as my general negativity suggests. But nothing matches the disdain I have for this football club.

It is beyond them being our rivals.

I see this club doing things that repulse me and I really don't like it. I hate every fucking thing they stand for.

They take one thing which all British people should be united for and turn against it. Regardless of political orientation or religious or philosophical ideology, supporting the valiant efforts of our brave troops is as straightforward as 1 + 1 =2

fucking ****** cunts

Edited by Totti