Club Statement On Singing (yes, another one)

Our club seems reactive in every sense. Whether it's sectarianism, finance, or the media, we seem to just adapt to things as they happen rather than being involved in planning some vision for the future and proactively going about making that state of affairs happen.

I have thought about this thread and through the years of staying vigilant and upholding the ethos of our club I have to say I'm pissed off with the way things have been going off the field both socially/politically, we are weak, we do not speak as one, we lack unity.

And much as I wouldn't like to say, we are gutless, spineless and lack leadership.

When eventually wattie said what he had to on friday it seemed as though we may have had some dialogue but no all we had was Triumphalism, added that to that was what occurred over the weekend and these fukkwitts thinking somehow they are winning.

Edited by JMS

The hotline for reporting singing has been on the go for a while (at least 3 seasons). I called it after a recent OF game at Ibrox to report the bile and naked sectarianism being belted out from the entire Broomie Stand. Shockingly, but unsurprisingly, they refused to discuss this and I was informed that the phone-line was only to be used to report Rangers fans..,......

Typical Rangers.

Cammy F - Snowed In Loyal RSC

S_A I think that idea is practically pointless - Rangers cant punish other clubs. However, as a subtle form of protest and public expression of our distaste at being uniformly tarred with the sectarian brush, I think it could be good.

S_A I think that idea is practically pointless - Rangers cant punish other clubs. However, as a subtle form of protest and public expression of our distaste at being uniformly tarred with the sectarian brush, I think it could be good.

Aye, I didn't think the club would do anything to their fans, or be able to. But at least it would show the club the depth of feeling from our fans and how we don't want to be treated as second class citizen's in our own stadium.

Aye, I didn't think the club would do anything to their fans, or be able to. But at least it would show the club the depth of feeling from our fans and how we don't want to be treated as second class citizen's in our own stadium.

They just don't care S_A, no one at board level or senior management goives a flying fig about what you or I think is important. Sometimes it's difficult to know what to feel more depressed about .... the widespread control being exerted by what could collectively be called the anti-British community in Scotland .... or the willingness of Rangers management to stand up to these insurgents.

Could it be no one responded to your point because it isn't nearly as insightful as you obviously think?

mmmm.... now that you mention it.... :thinking:

Of course the club is being put under pressure, surely that's a given.

Phew! So, I'm not losing the plot after all then. The way some people are cursing the club to high heaven you'd think the club were the actual problem here.

The real issue is how should the club deal with that pressure and spinelessly accepting the basis of these accusations is unlikely to be particularly productive.

Well it certainly isn't going down well amongst a lot of the fans, but to perfectly honest, it doesn't really matter what the club says or how many times they release these statements. I agree that the club shouldn't be accepting the basis of these accusations, but it looks as if they have no real choice in the matter when new legal precedents have been set in Scottish courts. It is, literally just a precaution the club are taking because they're being harassed about it and they know fine well that there's no way they're going to stop fans singing these songs. There will be plenty fans going to games and singing them loud and proud.

Instead of worrying about sarcasm, perhaps you should reflect upon the primary responsibility of our over-paid CEO, which I assume is not to endorse the basis of every sectarian-driven criticism levelled at Rangers.

Bain has been doing a decent job since SDM stepped behind the curtain, but his hand has obviously been forced on this and he needs a prod in the right direction. The only way that's going to happen though, is if the club is bought by a Rangers fan with some bollox.

Since you're so in need of serious suggestion, I'll give you one ...... fight back against our detractors and expose their deceit.

You do it & I'll watch on with interest. Careful not to end up looking like an obssessed nutcase like some of our fighters seem to so easily manage!

Got to say, I quite liked Opportunity Knox's article on VB last Wednesday -

A Plea.....

Written by Opportunity Knox

Wednesday, 24 November 2010

Following Martin Bain�s statement regarding The Billy Boys, there was understandable anger from many Rangers fans at Bain�s statement. The anger stemmed from being tarred with the sectarian brush at a time when The Green Brigade have been the subject of much anger across the UK for their disgusting insult of Britain�s heroes who have fought for all of our freedoms that we enjoy today.

Personally, while I would take issue with Bain�s assertion that The Billy Boys is sectarian, my focus when reading the statement was drawn elsewhere.

He spoke of having ââ?¬Å?reliable informationââ?¬Â from ââ?¬Å?various sourcesââ?¬Â that any singing of The Billy Boys would see the club hammered.

This hinted at Bain being tipped off that the club was about to be shafted by sinister forces.

I stated in a post on the vanguardbears forum that this was the key issue.

Whether Bain is right or wrong, and whether the Billy Boys is sectarian or not, what�s important here is that UEFA think it is, their advisers will be in attendance, they�ve been told we�ll sing it, and they are prepared to act on it.

Who campaigned to UEFA is also for another day, and this should also be addressed after tonight.

We can argue all day that Bain�s sources are fictitious, that the Billy Boys isn�t sectarian, and that Rangers are victims of a conspiracy driven by scum intent on both killing our club, and to deflect from their own troubles. Today that�s irrelevant.

Today we have to accept that we are in a corner, and the time to ââ?¬Å?fight backââ?¬Â is not tonight, but tomorrow.

Tonight we have to disappoint the scum who actually want us to step out of line.

Let�s be clear here, that the motives of the scum have never been about improving attitudes to sectarianism, or to remove it from Scottish Society.

It�s always been about leverage for themselves. Fair play has never been part of Celtic�s make up, and the sheer ruthlessness and coldness of the approach from Celtic�s leadership in recent years surpasses anything that went on before.

Remember, that this is the club who manipulated the death of Phil O�Donnell to cancel a match where their best player was unavailable, but did the opposite following the death of club legend Tommy Burns, as a tiring Rangers stumbled towards the end of the season.

Itââ?¬â?¢s with that in mind that Iââ?¬â?¢ll state here and now, that Rangers fans should refrain tonight from ââ?¬Å?The Billy Boysââ?¬Â

I�m aware that this statement may anger some of my fellow bears, but I�m convinced that it�s the only option for tonight.

Rangers as a football club are in no position to throw away participation in either the Champions League or Europa League, or to lose income from 50K gates at Ibrox.

Rangers are currently in a relatively stable financial position, and additional income for us could bury Celtic�s challenge, and lead them to a financial abyss that would take them years to recover from.

Does that mean I�ve sacrificed my principles, and that I�m caving in to the sinister forces across the city? No.

It means I don�t want the club I love getting shafted by these hate filled reptiles, and that I want our club to dominate the football landscape for years to come.

If my fellow supporters share my pragmatic view, the Bheasts� attempts to shift public attention away from their disgusting Green Brigade will fail.

I make a plea now. Please keep it clean tonight bears, be prepared on PRW, film everything, and take the propaganda war back in to uncomfortable territory for the scum across the city tomorrow.

Lastly I send a message out to Mr Bain.

When the Manchester United support sing ââ?¬Å?Hullo Hullo, We Are The Busby Boysââ?¬Â, I suggest you make it absolutely clear to the faceless UEFA men exactly where the song is coming from, and what the words are.

It�s the least you can do.

Opportunity Knox