Am I dreaming? Its a positive story about The Gers from the Daily R*cord

OK, so its not actually football related nor about the support, but its a start right? I'm just waiting for Celtic to find something to complain about.

RANGERS stars came to the rescue of stranded motorists in a snowstorm yesterday.

The team endured a five-hour journey from Tayside to Glasgow after their match against Dundee United was called off. Players had to get out and push their own bus when it came to a halt. They then helped to save other stuck motorists.

Midfielder Lee McCulloch said: "The lads had some laughs when we had to get off the bus and shove it.

"There were other vans and lorries in the same situation. Everyone just got out and started trying to clear the road and get us moving again.

"The manager just sat on the bus, shaking his head at us and telling us to get a move on."

Arctic conditions blown in from the east brought much of Scotland to a halt yesterday.

The Rangers team got stranded after spending a night in a hotel only to find the midday match had been called off.

Manager Walter Smith and his team set off for home at 9.15am.

But, after battling blizzards for more than two hours to cover a 12 mile stretch of the A90, their Parks of Hamilton coach got into serious trouble south of Perth.

The players were ordered to get off to shove their bus out of the snow - and then helped rescue other vehicles stuck in the chaos.

Smith said: "The boys helped push other vans and vehicles because there were a lot of people in trouble. They helped to clear the road. It was quite an incredible situation."

"I should point out that, at my age, I chose not to join them."