Aw, poor Celtic. whingeing again

By Ian O'Doherty

Tuesday November 30 2010

One of the funniest things about Scottish football is the delusional nature of the fans and their insistence that they are a major league with the biggest derby in the world.

And the constant sniping between Rangers and Celtic is priceless, with Celtic taking the lead when it comes to moaning about things.

Indeed, if they had a winger who was as quick to the byline as they are to take offence then they'd win the Champions League every year.

One example of Celtic's myopia came a few months back with a rather amusing Rangers song with the lines: "The famine's over, why don't you go home."

This enraged the Celtic fans, who said it was racist, but they missed a rather salient point -- when you're standing on a Scottish terrace with an Irish flag in your hand, you can hardly get pissy when people comment on it.

And the latest example of their paranoia is Celtic chairman John Reid's demand that referees declare which team they support. It's daft of course -- but nowhere near as daft as the situation which sees one of Celtic's hate figures, Hugh Dallas, forced from his job as chief ref after he sent a joke email about the Pope and child abuse.

According to Peter Kearney, a spokesman for the Catholic Church in Scotland: "Catholics in Scotland have drawn a line in the sand. The bigotry, bile, sectarian undercurrent and innuendos must end. Such hateful attitudes have had their day, they poison the well of community life. They must be excised once and for all."

Jesus lads, it was a joke. You have heard that word before, haven't you? Repeat after me: joke.

Any bets he's a Celtic fan?

Or is that racial profiling?

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/ian-odoherty/ian-odoherty-a-very-middleclass-recession-2441058.html

One example of Celtic's myopia came a few months back with a rather amusing Rangers song with the lines: "The famine's over, why don't you go home."

He wouldn't be so casual with this if he knew the accompanying verses which they convieniently don't sing at matches and pretend not to even know but have in their hearts and sing in their heads which prove beyond any doubt and without hyperbole the evil establishment sectarian nazi racism shown by Rangers fans.

Wonder how many emails this actual-Irishman is going to get teaching him about Irish history from pretend Irishmen.

Edited by bmck

He wouldn't be so casual with this if he knew the accompanying verses which they convieniently don't sing at matches and pretend not to even know but have in their hearts and sing in their heads which prove beyond any doubt and without hyperbole the evil establishment sectarian nazi racism shown by Rangers fans.

Wonder how many emails this actual-Irishman is going to get teaching him about Irish history from pretend Irishmen.

I've heard the accompanying verses Barry but I don't know them and I'd say 90% of our fans don't know them either :)

The lines sung at matches are IMO purely taking the piss out of the tim fans..........

I've heard the accompanying verses Barry but I don't know them and I'd say 90% of our fans don't know them either :)

I certainly don't know them mate. But in Timmy world that at least one person knows them is to prove bigotry in everyone. It's like saying because Germans know the first verse to their national anthem, but choose not to sing it, they're still closet Nazis. Only with tim logic.

The song as johnnyk points out is purely to take the piss - just like the tim song directed at us "Go home ya huns"

We don't come out and demand that song be banned do we? No! Because it's just football fans trying to wind up their rivals ffs!

"The famine's over, why don't you go home." - "Go home ya huns" What do these songs have in common? - Their designed to wind up the opposition.

What separate's them? - Our song wind's up our rivals MORE!! WATP.

I don't know the add ons. Most Rangers fans don't seem too. But apparently a lot of tims and tims with a typewriter do.

I believe, the original one line song came out and the additions were and after thought. A bit of an own goal by whoever made the additions.

Brilliant though that someone has taken them to task on the hypocrisy and idiocy of the famine song being banned, just a shame it's required an Irishman to do it. :confused: Same goes for the popegate nonsense.