Boyd Desperate To Return To Ibrox

I'd want to come back too if I were Boyd. He went to Boro to play for Strachan and ends up with Monkeyheid as his manager a couple of months later. The same Monkeyheid we were all p***ing ourselves laughing at last season because he's a total idiot.

I'd have him back, but it's not going to happen.

He's made a mistake nonetheless, and as Ferguson realised back in 2003, he's better off at Rangers. as far as boro are concerned, he picked the wrong club...him and McDonald, 2 lazy bassas that need a workhorse alongside them to bring the best out of their game.

You can't really use Ferguson as an example because his form for Birmingham has been fantastic. He's a 1st team player every week and is enjoying his football down south. When he was at Blackburn he was playing well until he got injured.

You can't really use Ferguson as an example because his form for Birmingham has been fantastic. He's a 1st team player every week and is enjoying his football down south. When he was at Blackburn he was playing well until he got injured.

I used Ferguson as he example because of his comments at the time about it not being the same down south as running out at a packed Ibrox to play for Rangers...he felt he made a mistake leaving, maybe Boyd feels the same...do we forgive him and welcome him back if he does indeed return?...or does he remain persona non grata.

do we forgive him and welcome him back if he does indeed return?...or does he remain persona non grata.

Quite a number of fans never liked him in the first place and didn't want him in a Rangers shirt. Even more people would dislike him if he returned.

I liked Boyd a lot and would take him back no problem. If he worked hard to improve his game and skill level and tried to improve himself as a striker every single minute he's with the club he would soon win over most of the people whinging about him.

I liked Boyd a lot and would take him back no problem. If he worked hard to improve his game and skill level and tried to improve himself as a striker every single minute he's with the club he would soon win over most of the people whinging about him.

This is a futile statement though Zappa. Other than for maybe one season in 4 with us he, simply, has shown very little desire to "work hard to improve his game". Sure, a return having seen "the other side" might have him working harder - but at Middlesborough Mowbray has already been saying he needs to work harder on non-goalscoring aspects of his game.

If he did the things you say then he would win many of the fans back - but the likelihood of him doing those things would be slim at best.

Craig, he already WAS trying to improve his game and we saw a noticeable improvement from him in terms of link-up play etc. There's no reason why Boyd couldn't continue to improve as a striker with the right coaching, hard work and sheer determination. If he wants back he should be told we want him to commit to doing that.

Lets not forget that Boyd was worth several million when he was scoring goals for us, so if we could get him back for hee haw and help him improve, he'd be worth some decent money again in a year or two.

He should have moved to Kayseri to play for Shotta, but he's probably not the type of person to uproot and move somewhere like Turkey. Was checking how they're doing last week & Shotta has Kayserispor doing fantastic in the turkish league.

I agree his leaving has perhaps contributed to Naisy and Lafferty playing better, more the former. WIth the attack (at least earlier in the season) being more fluid. However, with Miller's increased goal-scoring I think there has been a decrease in his overall game and contribution. In many games he has played almost like Boyd in that he has scored and contributed little else. That has nothing to do with how highly anyone rates Boyd or not. It's just an observation that Miller's overall game and work rate now looks even more overrated than it used to.

Miller, Naismith & Lafferty aren't playing better because Boyd isn't in the team. That's nonsense. Miller is playing a different role now that he's playing as the target man & that's about the extent of the change - a different role. Naismith has basically just come onto his game. Walter is still using him on the wings where he was playing previously, but Naismith has simply been showing what many people knew he was capable of & it's got nothing to do with Boyd not being here. Lafferty, I think is absolutely brutal. He's got attributes which are good such as occasionally getting the ball & running with it, taking men on etc, but the guy is generally mince & a total idiot as well. If we offered Miller more money to keep him, brought back Boyd & punted Lafferty all in the January transfer window I'd be absolutely delighted.