Bursaspor 1 - 1 Rangers: Player Ratings and MoM Poll

Rangers end Champions League campaign with disappointing 1-1 draw away in Turkey.

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/2010/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=348:bursaspor-1-1-rangers-player-ratings-and-mom-poll&catid=35:analysis&Itemid=67

:sn: for me though I felt no-one really stood out. Whittaker and Bougherra had good games but made too many mistakes to get the award IMO.

:)

I hate watching the game on the telly, and it hurt like hell not being there with the bears last night.

The best part of the telly viewing was the first 5 mins of the second half when there was stadium noise but no commentary.

Anyway, onto the match itself and I thought we were very comfortable and looked like being able to score until Naismith went off, at which point we had no mobility at all.

Cole did well until he tired and allowed the cross in that led to the goal, although Weir and Whittaker both should have cleared it after that, and I thought Walter should have given the kid more protection as they bombarded that flank in the second half after they had made their subs and stepped up the pace a bit. Our lack of numbers meant we could not change anything defensively, and their deserved equaliser had been coming for some time, and in the end we were holding on to a point rather than pushing for the win ourselves.

Had we taken our chances in the first half, we could have cruised through the second half against a team so out of their depth at this level, the green and grey hoops were never more fitting.

As for MOTM, either Naismith again (that would be 6 out of 6 for me) or perhaps young Hutton in centre midfield who after a shaky first 10 mins settled well and certainly outperformed his more experienced centre mid partner. Foster did well again although out of position, as did Whitty until the goal. All in a very poor match that despite all the pre-match ramblings from both managers lived up to the tag of dead rubber perfectly.

I would go for :kh:

I thought we were actually pretty poor, but looked good on the ball and very positive. Dare I say it, he reminded me of a young Barry Ferguson:surprised:

Edited by juffery
I missed out a bloody word

Nobody really deserves it

Just remember that what we call a really poor performance and that we were struggling to pick a MOTM, we got a result that equalled the total amount of points that Timmy has won in their entire CL away games history.

It always puts a smile back on my face!!