Sorry about that .... I have thing about Olivier Bernard being the worst signing Rangers ever made but, while he was a dreadful, lazy little bastard, there probably have been even worse than him if I'm honest. Big Eck probably signed most of them.

I think the poor Brummy fans are now experiencing the damage Eck does to your club if he sticks around more than a couple of seasons

I think the poor Brummy fans are now experiencing the damage Eck does to your club if he sticks around more than a couple of seasons

Eh? Birmingham might be sitting way down the table, but they're only 8 points behind 7th placed Blackburn and have two games in hand. They're 4 points behind Everton and have a game in hand. They're 6 points behind Liverpool and have a game in hand. That table's tighter than a nun's you know what. Eck hasn't exactly put together an exciting team and he's not a very exciting manager either, but there's worse teams and worse managers in the EPL. I'd be very very surprised if they were relegated this season.

Edited by Zappa

I was desperate to see Eck leave Rangers because it was obvious a new man stood a better chance of being able to fund the players we definitely needed. Who thought we'd be in the state we were just a few months later with the French schoolboy. Otherwise, Eck was a manager in the making and we probably didn't see the best of him. I think he's done a decent enough job at Birmingham tbh.

Eh? Birmingham might be sitting way down the table, but they're only 8 points behind 7th placed Blackburn and have two games in hand. They're 4 points behind Everton and have a game in hand. They're 6 points behind Liverpool and have a game in hand. That table's tighter than a nun's you know what. Eck hasn't exactly put together an exciting team and he's not a very exciting manager either, but there's worse teams and worse managers in the EPL. I'd be very very surprised if they were relegated this season.

I don't rate the English league but Birmingham have been woeful this season. They've been hovering around the relegation zone for some time. For the record, they have won only 4 out of 22 games this season. Shocking.

Most teams outwith the top 5 or 6 are pretty terrible. The general standard is higher in Italy, Germany and Spain.

Edited by Totti

I was desperate to see Eck leave Rangers because it was obvious a new man stood a better chance of being able to fund the players we definitely needed. Who thought we'd be in the state we were just a few months later with the French schoolboy. Otherwise, Eck was a manager in the making and we probably didn't see the best of him. I think he's done a decent enough job at Birmingham tbh.

A manager in the making doesn't go and get beat umpteen times by Martin O'neils Celtic. How many games without a win did we go again? Towards the end Eck was a clueless half-wit. Even Hearts with a few random Lithuanians built a stronger team. Finishing 3rd in a 2 team league is quite an achievement

A manager in the making doesn't go and get beat umpteen times by Martin O'neils Celtic. How many games without a win did we go again? Towards the end Eck was a clueless half-wit. Even Hearts with a few random Lithuanians built a stronger team. Finishing 3rd in a 2 team league is quite an achievement

I think you miss the point. No one posted more please for Eck to go than I did when he was manager. I was desperate to see the back of him. But you see the point here is that he actually left years ago and is no longer a misfiring Rangers manager. Now he's just an ex-manager of Rangers and that allows us to show more respect for what he did achieve, which was actually considerable. When they go we should try to forgive, if not forget, and we can afford to be generous, perhaps even more generous than he might strictly deserve. That makes us better people.

Again Totti the manager shows his complete and total disrespect for a manager who actually, despite losing 7 consecutive to Celtic (I think), still won more trophies in his Rangers managerial career than MON did in his Celtic one.

Statistics can be used to prove whatever point you like.

The bastard made me miserable

I remember typing up 3000 word rants on followfollow about how much I hated the idiot

That's the thing though, he made you miserable then but he shouldn't now. That's in the past. Now we can afford to be more generous.

I couldn't refer to an ex manager of Rangers as an idiot, it's disrespectful and entirely unnecessary. Sorry, just the way I see it.