Food for thought? [Xavi interview]

What a great read that was!

I loved what he said about training at Barca being all about one touch passing and awareness. He said they play piggy-in-the-middle to practice it and I'd love to see some of that introduced into our regime instead of just physical training. Training at Murray Park seems to consist mainly of working on mobility with running round dummies, jumping exercises, sprinting etc. It's all physical and there appears to be very little attention shown to working on the technical side of the game, ball skill, passing etc. A game of piggy-in-the-middle every day at training to practice one touch passing would be a great addition.

I dont expect we see the vast majority of the actual training.

THe press will only get in for this sort of physical training and the real work; tactics and technical will be done behind closed doors. Hence we don't see any of the real stuff in Willie Vass's photos.

THe press will only get in for this sort of physical training and the real work; tactics and technical will be done behind closed doors. Hence we don't see any of the real stuff in Willie Vass's photos.

Are you sure about that or just guessing mate? When you see the ball skill and passing of our players at times you really have to wonder if they're practicing the technical side of the game much, if at all...

Are you sure about that or just guessing mate? When you see the ball skill and passing of our players at times you really have to wonder if they're practicing the technical side of the game much, if at all...

They don't practise set pieces, that at least must be fact!

I have no idea what you mean.:confused: We play one touch football.

Then the opposition have the ball.:frown:

hahaha you are on fire today.

What a load of shite.

We can't really do anything, our league is full of thugs, therefore freeflowing football is hard, plus the abysmal pitches during November to March.

You think Barcelona don't ever play teams that try to out muscle them? Both Spain and Barcelona have proven that technique beats power. Case in point, Spain v Holland, albeit last gasp.

Any half decent technical player walks this league.

Free flowing or at least half decent attacking football is not hard against such poor opposition. We play in a shite league but make no attempt to play football of any sort