Can Rangers fans turn a negative into a positive?

So, we�re under investigation again from UEFA because an organisation that meets at Celtic park and is run by Piara Power, who�s close to Dermott Desmond, Celtic�s owner, has videoed Rangers fans singing The Billy Boys in a European tie.

Letâ��s face it, only the na�¯ve would believe that an organisation run by a Celtic fan would never single us out for ancient terrace chants. Terrace chants that are no different to the ones you hear the length and breadth of Britain on a match day.

Of course, FARE are fair, they took action when presented with evidence of racial abuse hurled towards Rangers players at a recent Old Firm game. No, wait, they haven�t acted on this, instead they have completely ignored this fact. Even after The Rangers Supporters� Trust chairman, Stephen Smith, raised the issue on national television.

However, with the impending fine or playing in an empty stadium in the post, it's now time to re-evaluate where we sing certain songs. I love The Billy Boys, but it is now clear Ibrox or away grounds are not the platform for it. Not my preferred course of action but this is the world we live in, sadly!

What we can do though, is channel our energies into exposing certain organisations for they what they really are and what their agenda actually is. For this to happen in an efficient manner it would require all fan groups, forums and supporter clubs to put aside their differences and work together for a brighter future for our club.

This is how we could turn recent events into a positive. There is a clear split within the Rangers supporting fraternity, a split that needs resealed if we�re to move in a forward direction. This might open up old wounds but should we let personal differences get in the way working towards our club moving back to the top of football again where we can be viewed as a powerhouse again?

I can already hear the ââ?¬Å?heââ?¬â?¢s naiveââ?¬Â or ââ?¬Å?itââ?¬â?¢ll never happenââ?¬Â chants emanating from the web as this is read.

We love, in all our glory, belting out The Billy Boys. What if we were to come together and work in unison that lets us belt out ââ?¬Å?We are the peopleââ?¬Â where it would actually mean something? Is it not most fans dream to have an actual say on how our club does business? Perhaps by coming together we could show the club and new owner in waiting that we can contribute more than just our hard earned cash.

Is it possible for Rangers fans to take the ââ?¬Ë?can doââ?¬â?¢ approach and actively work on exposing corrupt organisations and investing in the future of the club which will not just to keep us afloat but will allow us to reap the benefits of our own endeavours?

What camp are you in? The ââ?¬Å?It will never work campââ?¬Â or the ââ?¬Å?can doââ?¬Â camp?

I see the opportunity, do you?

Published on the forum I moderate on but Frankie can do his thing with it if he wants. I know we spoke about bridging gaps between fan groups and perhaps recent events could be a catalyst for it.

Guest Dutchy

It's a laudable aim of yours for us to unite against the forces that would attack us, but not to be too negative, the forces that would see us down have been working for years against us. Surely you've noticed septic fans not singing anything about nasty orange bastards, or the queen.

They've been at it longer than us and I reckon they have many insiders at UEFA as well, so it will be a had fecht I feel.

Just stop singing the songs as we are regarded as repeat offenders in this respect. I'd say they've put a lot of energy into this and they're like a dog with a bone. They will not give up as easy as you think.

Personally i don't think the joining of supporters groups should just be about the Billy boys but that we should be working together on all different projects that will help take supporting our club to a higher level. Living in Holland I can never be an Ibrox regular but if I can even make a small difference in other ways then I would love to do it.