Neil Lennon gesture sparks police inquiry

Nobody would object to Lennon applauding his own fans but he was clearly directing his taunt at the Gers fans. I dread to think what would have happened if Diouf had made any kind of gesture to the Bheasts.

The cupping his hand to his ear gesture was obviously aimed at us. Personally, I don't think any player or manager should be stopped going onto the field at FT to clap their own fans. I just don't see the problem with that! Plenty of managers down south do it and you never hear anything about it.

If Diouf did it to them then I expect a lot would be made of it but only because the baggage that Diouf has has followed him to Glasgow. That said, Diouf is a reptile too and also deserves the jeers he gets from opposition fans.

I am reffering to reaction from the BHEASTS and the mHedia when he did that,and it was his own fans unlike TLB,they wanted him deported,hung or both,for what they called inflamatory behaviour or inciting behaviour,a big song and dance about nothing

I agree. Like I said in another post, I don't see the problem as long as it's in front of your own fans.

Storm in a tea cup, and grassing is cringy. What he did was stupid given the circumstances but all it does is show the world what kind of person he is as this is global news, mates in Thailand, Cambodia and japan have told me it's been on their news

I agree. Like I said in another post, I don't see the problem as long as it's in front of your own fans.

And this is where the complaints are eminating from,any gesture towards the opposing fans,never mind Rangers & BHEAST fans is just wrong,especially in the current circumstances.The guy is a complete arsehole.

Murdo MacLeod has told talkSPORT Neil Lennon has made himself a target again after his post-match reaction following Sunday’s draw at Rangers.

The Celtic boss sparked fury after cupping his ears towards the fans after the 0-0 draw at Ibrox at the end of troubled week in which he received parcel bombs through the post.

But MacLeod now feels he may have brought those problems back on to himself.

He told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast: “One of Lennon’s problems is he’s got no-one around about him to tell him to calm down.

“Some people have said it was a bit of fun, but he’s been a target all week and for me he’s made himself a target again.

“He should have shown a bit of dignity - step on the side of the pitch, wave to the Celtic fans, shake hands with the opposition’s management and then walk down the tunnel with a smile on your face.

“Even the Rangers fans who had sympathy with him after what happened during the week turned around and said that’s not the way to act as Celtic manager.

“Walter Smith would never have done that. I’ve never seen a manager do that.

“It’s different if you’re a player who’s been getting stick and then you put the ball in the net and make that gesture that I can’t hear you now. But managers don’t do that.”

“It’s different if you’re a player who’s been getting stick and then you put the ball in the net and make that gesture that I can’t hear you now. But managers don’t do that.”

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/scottish-football/6856/5/exclusive-macleod-lennon-has-made-himself-target-again

Edited by ian1964