I'm finding it hard to believe that CW is just moving and increasing the debt to buy the club in a Glazereque way. Surely such an offer is so obviously not in the interests of Rangers that it should have been booted to touch on the first day? Surely this can't be SDM's "legacy" of ensuring the new owners take the club forward?

If this is the case it SHOULD be rejected and the real reason stated.

The fact it has not been mentioned in five months of buggering about is very strange indeed.

CW may be moving the debt else where, but HE will be in control of it, not the bank. this may mean that re-payments are easier on the pocket etc.

It's a big assumption to say that he will be in control of the debt. We don't know if the lender(s) will be any easier to deal with than LBG and it seems that whyte is hell-bent on increasing the debt levels again, to give the funding that he is promising.

Also, from what I understand, under PM's offer, SDM & LBG will still be in control....even though SDM has made it clear that he wants out....is that the best way forward, having a Chairman who doesn't really want to be there???

I think that you mean owner rather than chairman, but I take your point. The Paul Murray proposal appears to have major flaws as well, and he has failed in explaining the benefits and how it would work going forward. It's not something that we can get excited about as it it currently stands.

The Paul Murray proposal appears to have major flaws as well, and he has failed in explaining the benefits and how it would work going forward. It's not something that we can get excited about as it it currently stands.

Thats something that occurred to me (hence the OP)....reports in the press have stated that one of the concerns with the CW deal, is future funding, and how the club is going to move forward. Exactly the same questions should be asked of the PM offer....it would be great for next season having �£25m to spend, but what about the seasons that follow??? That is something that needs clarification from the present board IMHO.

I'm finding it hard to believe that CW is just moving and increasing the debt to buy the club in a Glazereque way. Surely such an offer is so obviously not in the interests of Rangers that it should have been booted to touch on the first day? Surely this can't be SDM's "legacy" of ensuring the new owners take the club forward?

If this is the case it SHOULD be rejected and the real reason stated.

The fact it has not been mentioned in five months of buggering about is very strange indeed.

Presumably only SDM and LBG saw the details during the first 4 months and they were happy as it met their main concerns. It's only once the Committee saw the details that the main concerns were raised.

It's possible that SDM is not in a position to ensure any sort of "legacy".

Thats something that occurred to me (hence the OP)....reports in the press have stated that one of the concerns with the CW deal, is future funding, and how the club is going to move forward. Exactly the same questions should be asked of the PM offer....it would be great for next season having �£25m to spend, but what about the seasons that follow??? That is something that needs clarification from the present board IMHO.

Agreed. The fact that they are silent on it suggests that there is little planned for the future.

It seems to me that the long term plan should be to clear the debt and structure the club in a way in which we can live within our income on a continuing, stable basis - while obviously looking for ways to increase revenue streams.

Rather than proof of ongoing funding, I'd prefer proof of ongoing financial diligence with a proper, intelligent balance between prudence and competitiveness on the pitch.