There is no encouragement to sing - no matter what we sing, we get a tap on the shoulder from Plod and told to cease. Rangers fans are increasingly worried that they will be thrown out for no apparent reason and will lose their season tickets, get a ten year banning order. Wait a minute, think I'll burst into a chorus of the billy boys next home game]

Cammy F

Guest Biggus_Mannus

Guys,

As a Celtic fan I think you are heading down the right road. Sectarian chants have almost been eradicated from Celtic Park and its only the away games that cause embarassment. Sing songs about RANGERS and what RANGERS have achieved and songs about RANGERS players past and present. Ireland is trying to sort out its problems so why cant the West of Scotland?

Guest Biggus_Mannus

As a season ticket holder at Celtic I can guarantee you that what Fergus McCann strated in the Bhoys against Bigotry campaign has worked. The PA system dictates what songs are sung before the game and during the game over time theses songs have been adopted and sung during the game. If you cant participate in constructive dialogue dont post anything else and embarass yourself and your forum.

I think this type of thing has improved at CP but it certainly is still prevalent during Old Firm games.

Moreover, the home support might have eradicated some of it's offensive chants, but I'm not sure Celtic have done enough when it comes to their players and official singing sections choice of words, songs and banner designers...

That makes the fact of Celtic and their supporters in the media and elsewhere reporting the Rangers fans to UEFA even more galling.

b_m:

While I appreciate your contribution and effort to be reasonably objective and candid, I'm sot sure today is the day to debate this issue when our fans are rather upset after a disappointing result.