No, overrated manager in many senses. Just because he took Chelsea to a CL final and Portsmouth to a FA Cup final means very little.

League is where it matters and he has managed to get 2 teams relegated in the past 2 seasons.

Maybe because both teams he managed had financial problems and one ended up in administration?

His record with Chelsea was absolutely excellent and I think it's harsh to put all the blame with him, although David Gold is subtly implying that nevertheless.

Look how badly our own Walter fared when he too was faced with an Everton which had all sorts of problems. Not even his midas touch could stop them having a stinker and he too got fired.

The 3 in charge or WHU are not exactly great to work with too. I still think Grant hasn't done it for West Ham, I remember hearing Scott Parker doing the team talk for his team, says it all really. Manager can't motivate his own players, he just seems to not be a person with a certain rage when times get tough he always looks rather miserable and doesn't get at his players.

I know Walter didn't do too well at Everton, shame really.