�£20m Wigan midfielder James McCarthy

Wigan are set to stun Chelsea and Liverpool by asking around �£20million for 20-year old James McCarthy, whom they signed from Hamilton two years ago for �£1.2m.

The Scotland-born Republic of Ireland midfielder is a top summer target for both clubs after being watched repeatedly this season.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1389254/Chelsea-Liverpool-told-cough-20m-Wigan-midfielder-James-McCarthy.html#ixzz1Mz4ZFUsd

:tongue:

There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that Wigan will get �£20million for McCarthy. I think the Sportsmail reporter who wrote this got his scoop down the pub in Dublin off a pikey who'd just drank 15 pints.

McCarthy isn't worth anywhere near that, agreed. But we've heard it all before. Scott Broon must be worth �£30m by now. I can see all the EPL giants lining up as we speak. Hooper had a better game than Broonaldo today, and Hooper didn't look like a �£2.4m player.

Our positive is Jelavic. If he has a cracking SPL season and really shines in Europe, his worth will soar. I really believe that he's going to go sometime, but for REALLY big money.

I also believe that, in Chris Whyte, we have someone who knows how to drive a hard bargain.

I'd like Jelavic to stay forever, but reality says we'll have him for one season more, two tops.