The criticism may have some validity but he's taken it too far and it's incredibly disrespectful. It's the kind of comments that makes me have no interest in English Football and the desire for England to lose every game.

It's understandable that with the difference in resources that Scottish football have is not of the same standard as the Mickey Mouse EPL - and I mean Mickey Mouse in that it's not a real sporting league but a fantasy one created by false wealth which can't even sustain itself with football money.

The SPL is at least a real league with most of the best of Scottish talent on show (however, good or bad that may be), mostly paid for by Scottish fans.

Coming from Newcastle, his dig at Rangers is laughable - does he know who are the only team not to concede a goal at Old Trafford last season?

As for the quality of the games, I've seen bits of English games and outside the top four, I've hardly been impressed.

However, perhaps he'd have been less scathing if Celtic had actually put a European run together...

Nah, he's right. Scottish football is extremely poor. I personally have no respect for the Scottish game - it's become a turgid, stale affair with so little money in it. If I didn't support Rangers I wouldn't support any other Scottish team. I'd be thrilled if we moved to England.

Quite honestly I can't see where he's being disrespectful. He just seems to be correct.

btw, where is the dig at Rangers?

Pardews arrogance come up again. His comments on MOTD 2 a few years back was utterly laughable and he continues. The man is lucky to have a job one joke of a chairman and a joke of a manager.

I'm with Danny. He is saying what the vast majority of us are thinking.

Even some of the Rangers/Celtic games this season have been dire - Pardew, whilst being arrogant, is bang on the money.

The standard of the SPL is pish, Pardew states what many are afraid to say publicly.

His "dig" at Rangers, if I am reading cal correctly, is him saying some of the OF games were poor. But that is a fact, a couple of them WERE poor.

Cal, I fail to see the correlation between Rangers being the only team to not concede at OT this season and the standard of the SPL.

As an aside, I am glad Forster is headed back to Newcastle. From what I have seen of him he is a decent keeper. Celtic dont have any decent back up do they ? Lennon doesnt seem to trust the ex-Arabs keeper - so they may have to replace their GK.

I was going to say that Pardew was just being totally honest, but I actually think he was holding back. What he really wanted to say is -

"Why would I want a very good goal keeper to go back to a club which is run and supported by republican plastic paddy scumbags?"

"I don't even think Celtic should be playing in the SPL. They hate the UK and love the Republic of Ireland, so why don't they play in the IPL?"

"Why don't they go home?"

Where was Pardew wrong?

Well i've not read this version of his comments (saw them eslewhere) but he said all the games were poor except some of the Old Firm games. That's crap for a start, some of the Old Firm games were not great whilst other games exceeded them in quality.