This is great for the Club.

Well done the boys.

I had my own son at "Young Killie" Club this morning and the guys there do a great job with the kids aged 8 to 12 years. It's the only place in Ayrshire where he can receive goalkeeper training.

I was talking to one of the coaches who was telling me he'd heard that the Murray Park facilities were not being well maintained etc.

Does anyone know if this is true and if so, what's causing it ?

I just wish that these successful youngsters can stay in the game, even if not with the Rangers, but keep playing.

There does seem to be a very high failure rate amongs our yung players.

The Dutch have a much better system.

http://en.uefa.com/trainingground/grassroots/features/video/videoid=1578707.html?autoplay=true

The Dutch certainly do have a much better system but the fact is that the much spoke about Ajax system is actually not near the best in Holland at this time. They were actually put in the 13th place for academies in Holland. There has been a lot of trouble at Ajax in the last few months with Johan Cruiff now set to take over to try and get the club back on top. He is going to totally restructure the youth development there. The Ajax youth policy that everyone hears about was a thing from the 70's-80's from then on it is only a myth.

Guest Dutchy

Fair enough pete, things change, but it's still streets ahead of our system even if it isn't the original Cruyff system. Things are better if they're allowed to evolve any way, or we'd all be supporting Rangers water polo team. lol

Fair enough pete, things change, but it's still streets ahead of our system even if it isn't the original Cruyff system. Things are better if they're allowed to evolve any way, or we'd all be supporting Rangers water polo team. lol

The whole football set-up in Holland is streets ahead of Scotland. I have written articles on here a few times covering the subject. The fact is that there is a level for everyone to play in. My son even plays in a handicapped league where there are players with all different handicaps from heavily handicapped to some where you can hardly see a handicap at all. Anyone who wants to play football in Holland can get a game without having to trudge about looking for a team. Having all different levels for everyone means that late developers are not lost to the sport they just drop down a level and try and fight to get promoted again.