Isn't it interesting that during a point in Scottish (actually Glasgowââ?¬â?¢s) sectarian history, when things are beginning to get really bitter, prompting the highest in the land to create laws against sectarianism, that Celtic FC have in-charge of their football team ââ?¬â?? without doubt ââ?¬â?? the most bigoted and twisted coach in their long history. This guy represents the whole of Celtic FC and is a scary public relations exercise in hatred and venom ââ?¬â?? that is the truth. Lennon will appear to the bitter Catholic psyche in Glasgow that his way is the ââ?¬Ë?rightââ?¬â?¢ way to behave and conduct yourself in the eyes of the world ââ?¬â?? they will follow their leader. Lennonââ?¬â?¢s paranoia, defiance, and obvious hostility towards all-things non-Celtic goes a long way to determining the behaviour of their fan base ââ?¬â?? frightening. He doesnââ?¬â?¢t appear to give a shit and, in my opinion, he will not change his behaviour one bit - mark my words. The Scottish authorities, the press, and those who donââ?¬â?¢t miss much will probably tip-toe round his attitude, being assured by the board and directors of Celtic FC that itââ?¬â?¢s his way and his approach and trying to change it would somehow prevent him from doing his job. I foresee very difficult times ahead for Strathclyde Police.

In a know your enemy type of way, may I recommend a tome penned by Pat Woods and Tom Campbell, 'the Glory and the Dream'; published in 1987 as a Centenary history of ra Sellik. Yep, I did write '1987' because 'if you know your history' ra Sellik were founded in St Mary's Halls in November 1887. The reason I recommend this book is because it is thoroughly candid on the history, no to very little revisionism.

The third chapter is entitled, 'Catholic and Irish'. The authors report all early Sellik sides were 100% rc. The real deal comes in many stories relating to ra Sellik's first(and long term) manager, Willie Maley. Sellik's history is easier to trace because all games, macinations, and club politics were faithfully recorded by the various rc newspapers of the time, particularly the Scottish Catholic Observer. The main journo on the SCO was Willie Maley's brother, Tom; better known by his nom de guerre, 'the Man in the Know'. For a period of fifty years, this out and out bigot filled the pages of the SCO with his bile. In the 20s, if and when ra Sellik beat Rangers, he would for example report the result as, 'Sinn Feiners 1 - Black and Tans 0'.

Lenny ra Loser aspires to be Willie/Tom Maley.

Will have a full article on this asap.

Was planning on publishing it tonight but something tells me it would have been lost in the hullabaloo over Whyte's interview tomorrow.

:(