I'm going up top Ibrox for lunch today. I'll try and see if i can get a chat with the Stadium manager again and see what is going on with the upgrades to the stadium. He's normally a chatty guy and keen to let us know what's going on.

For the record he "says" he has no clue about actually player in and outs so i don't even bother him with that, but when it comes to the stadium, he's not backwards about going forwards.

Obviously if there is any good pictures to be taken of new improvements i'll snap them off and post them on here

Good man - looking forward to any updates.

If possible, can you get him to clarify who is paying for the catering stuff. Is it Elior (as he said previously) or the club (as they seemed to indicate the other week)? Some news on the large screen tender would be great as well. ;)

Many thanks!

Good man - looking forward to any updates.

If possible, can you get him to clarify who is paying for the catering stuff. Is it Elior (as he said previously) or the club (as they seemed to indicate the other week)? Some news on the large screen tender would be great as well. ;)

Many thanks!

yeah i will. He did say to me before Mr Whyte took over his company was spending �£1.7M on brand new Kiosks and doing the concourses up. No much you can do to the concourses other than a lick of paint and new TV's which is what i suspect will happen. I did say to him that the food and kiosks were a down side to Ibrox and he did agree.

I suspect with the work going on he wont be in Argyle house though as he will be on the job elsewhere in the stadium. But i'll see what is what as i am sure there will be a gate open in one of the stand for access for workers so i will try sneak in

Here's pics form Ibrox today. the new pitch is down and there's a lot of people working. At one point there was 30(ish) people around the stands doing various jobs from cable running, jet washing the stands and walkways, painting, and general cleaning up.

The only solid bit of info i got was the Govan kiosks are getting ripped out right now

http://imageshack.us/g/402/p1020808g.jpg/

New speakers would maybe suggest that there's been a whole new sound system installed, which is fantastic news if true because the old one sounded absolutely terrible.

New speakers would maybe suggest that there's been a whole new sound system installed, which is fantastic news if true because the old one sounded absolutely terrible.

LOL, i think that's a given mate. it'll be custom built for the acoustics in Ibrox

LOL, i think that's a given mate. it'll be custom built for the acoustics in Ibrox

Well it's easier and far cheaper to just get a company to replace the speakers in a sound system, but if it's a whole new custom system it won't have been cheap at all. Even just replacing the speakers in Ibrox wouldn't have been cheap.

Well it's easier and far cheaper to just get a company to replace the speakers in a sound system, but if it's a whole new custom system it won't have been cheap at all. Even just replacing the speakers in Ibrox wouldn't have been cheap.

Not for a system in a stadium. You need amps and cabling to suit the speakers mate. It's not like buying off the shelf in Tandy

Not for a system in a stadium. You need amps and cabling to suit the speakers mate. It's not like buying off the shelf in Tandy

That's why I said the new speakers would suggest that a whole new sound system is being installed. Not sure what your Tandy comment is about.