Leggo - scared beeb's blatant bias confirmed

Are any of us surprised? I asked on another thread if anything had been reported yet in the press pretty much knowing nothing would have been. What a joke, i hope they continue to show their true colours as it'll come around sooner or later. As for the BBC growing a set, well i won't hold my breath.

Pardon my ignorance, but what trouble? [not saying it didn't happen]

I saw the "sealy down under" thing and had to go hunting around to even know that the green and grey had lost down under... never mind find mention of the GFITW up to their usual antics...

Pardon my ignorance, but what trouble? [not saying it didn't happen]

I saw the "sealy down under" thing and had to go hunting around to even know that the green and grey had lost down under... never mind find mention of the GFITW up to their usual antics...

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?30460-Lennon-hails-Hoops-display

11 arrested as footy fans get too close

Anne Tarasov

July 3, 2011

NINE men and two women were arrested after jumping the fence and trying to run on to the pitch during the match between leading Scottish football club Celtic and Central Coast Mariners at ANZ Stadium last night.

A man was charged with assaulting police, while another man was charged with assault.

Acting Superintendent Mick Rochester, commander of the group of officers policing the event, said those arrested would face hefty fines and could be banned from attending events at the stadium.

He said it was disappointing that the drunken anti-social behaviour of a few marred the night for many of the 17,000-plus spectators.

Twenty-seven people were ejected for being intoxicated, while 47 people were refused entry because of drunkenness.

Five people were issued infringement notices for failing to leave when asked, with one of those subsequently arrested.

The Mariners beat Celtic, Scottish Premier League runners-up, 1-0.

''The message is a simple one - anti-social and criminal behaviour will not be tolerated under any circumstances," acting Superintendent Rochester said. ''If you can't or won't heed the message, don't attend these events. A sporting event is not an excuse to break the law.

''If your team isn't performing well, or you disagree with a decision by the referee, you can't react by getting intoxicated, damaging property, assaulting others or making an idiot of yourself.

''Be warned. Police and event security staff will continue to act swiftly at sporting and other events to ensure any opportunities to disrupt the enjoyment of others are minimised.''

I don't understand why so many of our fans seem to be obsessed with them and their fans.

Leggo raises a very interesting point because the BBC's Scottish football reporter team haven't covered the trouble caused by Celtic fans down under, but you can imagine that there's a very good chance they'd have covered it if it was Rangers fans... Who knows, but it's quite interesting that they chose not to report on the pitch invasions, arrests for assault, and ejections from the stadium, all culminating in a shocking advert for Scottish football.

Edited by Zappa