Gersnet Interview with Former Rangers captain Craig Moore

In his first spell i thought he was terrible. He got booed a lot off the fans. When he came back i couldn't believe it, but he proved me wrong and proved to be a great centre back

Guest Dutchy

I remember seeing Moore's debut. It was against Dun Utd at Tannadice. He was very nervous at first, then looked to settle down, the rest is history.

I don't particulary see international football as an alternative to club football - maybe because of the state of the Scotland team - but I wouldn't deny a player a chance to play in the Olympics.

The main problem for me is that I see the Olympics for football as no more important or interesting as an U21 invitation tournament - and certainly less important than the likes of full international, friendly competition like the Kirin cup. It's a complete non-event in football terms. I'd even put the current home nations cup above it.

I think the attitude may differ in Australia, not for footballing reasons, but because they win so many medals in total at the Olympics that they want to seriously compete in everything in an attempt to keep their high standing.

The additional problem I have with Moore, is that he was one of the over-age players which makes playing far less of a distinction. Few top players consider entering as an over-age addition - and rightly so. To me that seems a bit like a pro helping out his local pub team in a cup final...

If it was proper international football then I'd understand.