Gers bid for Verhoek

Guest Dutchy

Doesn't look good for the Rangers youngsters, but I suspect we do need some players. I thought Wylde should have had his chance there though!

It would add depth, Wylde can be a tricky player and could be good coming on late and might play now and again and of course it means better competition which is a good thing. I think a transfer that isn't exactly brilliant is Murray Davidson, both Ness and Hutton are quite capable, Fleck has been very suspect probably needs game time elsewhere to see if he can hold down a spot and prove himself. I would also say the same for Hutton. Ness if he gets over his injuries is probably the best of the 3 and I would keep. I think Murray Davidson isn't exactly an improvement and puts our youth players further down the pecking order, which isn't great especially when we have Edu, McCulloch, Davis and possibly Bedoya. Wylde will get chances I think but it would be good as his final ball is lacking at times and he might learn from other wingers also helps us shifting Davis out on the right side.

Guest Dutchy

I feel compition is the best excuse for some of the signings that we're making, and that is good.

If we get into the CL groups, then we've got some more money. If we win the league, we're straight into the groups next year. As Jim Traynor was saying on the back of the Winner on Monday, this is worth a potential �£30 million to us. So competion will be good.

You never know, we may get some gems from all these signings.

Guest Dutchy

Just speaking to my vrouw's son in Holland. He was telling me that Ajax had shown interest in Verhoek when Martin Jol was there. He's a right winger and when I asked him if he was any good, suddenly language became a problem.

Make of that what you will!

Just speaking to my vrouw's son in Holland. He was telling me that Ajax had shown interest in Verhoek when Martin Jol was there. He's a right winger and when I asked him if he was any good, suddenly language became a problem.

Make of that what you will!

He was PoTY in Eredivisie last season or at least in the team of the year.

Ally is certainly liking players on the wings. Bedoya, Wylde, Kerkar, Ortiz, Naismith (thats his best position) and now Verhoek. Not to mention he played Whittaker and Wallace in those roles last night, or sorry attemped to play Whittaker.