LEGGO - TOP LEVEL BBC PROBE INTO McCOIST FILM- Exclusive

At the risk of being overly controversial on a forum I have only recently started posting on, I have to admit that I am not really a fan of Leggat's style of writing.

While I admire his efforts in trying to redress the imbalance in the media, I do think he over compensates and takes his view over into the extreme side in the opposite direction. I do not think he presents a good example of how the unbalance should be tackled. I think he needs to tone down his language and try to present a more structured approach. His grammar is often poor and I have noticed spelling errors which when posting on a blog is quite surprising to say the least. If he was ever considered to be a serious journalist then this blog has put paid to him ever returning as such. Even the font and the presentation of the site looks unprofessional.

I long for the day that we have a champion in the media that can fight our corner but this well intentioned gentleman is not that

Leggo is an old-fashioned tabloid journalist so I don't think it's realistic to expect broadsheet quality from him.

I agree that sometimes his style can detract from the overall message but generally speaking his blog is a useful addition to our 'weaponry'.

Leggo is an old-fashioned tabloid journalist so I don't think it's realistic to expect broadsheet quality from him.

I agree that sometimes his style can detract from the overall message but generally speaking his blog is a useful addition to our 'weaponry'.

Good grammar and running a spell check would be a decent start though? I am not privvy to what weaponry we have at our disposal being quite removed from the front line, however having read many posts on his blog, I may be surprised at how many would take him seriously outside the Rangers support?

Do you feel he has any credibility outwith our own fans?

Good grammar and running a spell check would be a decent start though? I am not privvy to what weaponry we have at our disposal being quite removed from the front line, however having read many posts on his blog, I may be surprised at how many would take him seriously outside the Rangers support?

Do you feel he has any credibility outwith our own fans?

That's a difficult question to answer. After all, we'd like to think mad Phil has no credibility but he's managed to publicise a few issues and get results.

In some ways, I don't see Leggo as someone who is trying to reach the neutral/non-bear anyway. I see him more as an experienced voice who can reach the whole RFC community with the same message. Other people can write more high-brow blogs/articles but they may not be quoted as widely as Leggo is.

All in all, yes, sometimes his message is unclear (and he definitely should sub his articles to someone) but I do think his contribution is worthwhile. I know I couldn't write an article every day so I do doff my cap to him in that respect. If that means we may have to filter the wheat from the chaff so be it.

All in all, yes, sometimes his message is unclear (and he definitely should sub his articles to someone) but I do think his contribution is worthwhile.

Stop touting! :D

Totally agree with all the above. I was beginning to agree with Bakbear a while ago but I felt I was just being picky in a time a where too few have done anything, and he has done infinitely more than me.

Guest Dutchy

He certainly seems to get hold of information that would normally take a bit longer to come to public light, but even if his writting is not perfect, you know where he stands and that's with Rangers, which can only be a good thing. Whether some of his blogs are mere rants, or not, he does highlight things the other side would prefer to remain quiet.