Steven Whittaker 'filled with regret' after show of dissent

True, though I am not sure Edu could play any worse than he did last season, and that was before the abuse ratcheted up on him.

Sadly, some players just simply arent good enough.

Whittaker, in my opinion and I said this BEFORE he signed for us, is NOT a full back. A full back's 1st job is to defend and Whittaker's positional sense is absolutely appalling in my view. The sad thing about Whittaker is that his defending is so poor that it is forgotten how he is decent getting forward from that position. He isnt a good enough defender to play full back yet he isnt a good enough midfielder either to play RM - I am not explaining it well but he is good at getting forward for a defender but not good enough, IMO, to play in a midfield berth and getting forward.

I've been highly critical of many of our players in recent seasons and the players I don't think are good enough are still here, but everyone's opinions are different. A few players I thought were good enough have either left or been sold.

Looking at it objectively, despite Whittaker's poor show the other night and mistakes in other games this early in the season, I'd actually say that over the years he's been here and playing A LOT of games for us during a successful period, I think he's a better football player than either Edu or McCulloch, but even when you try to look at these things objectively, in the end it's still a subjective opinion. For example, I think Edu might possibly be a better defender (probably RB) than he is a central midfielder, but that doesn't mean I'm right, especially when I've only seen him play RB two or three times and you can't really be serious if you're making judgements on a player after 2 or 3 games.

Edited by Zappa

Do you look only at the positive side of absolutely everything? Is there nothing you feel is your right to criticise?

HA!HA!,mate,everybody has the right to criticise players,managers etc,and I do criticise players,the manager and the team in general,but I have never seen the sense in taking it to a level of booing or slaughtering an individual player,it achieves absolutely nothing. It's a team game,win as a team and lose as a team.

Whittaker has been rewarded by the manager and owner by signing him up on a fantastic contract,now whether you,I or anybody else thinks that he is worth it means nothing ,obviously the manager thinks he's worth it.