Steven Whittaker 'filled with regret' after show of dissent

Theres two or three that sit around me who before the first whistle, start moaning about this player or that player. Game starts said player miss times first pass and away they go dogs abuse for 90 mins, have said to them before why bother coming if all your going to do is moan and shout abuse, response I pay my money I can shout abuse if I want, they've been close to a slap a couple of times. Just don't understand Gers fans whose sole point of going to Ibrox is shout abuse at the team or one player in particular.

Theres two or three that sit around me who before the first whistle, start moaning about this player or that player. Game starts said player miss times first pass and away they go dogs abuse for 90 mins, have said to them before why bother coming if all your going to do is moan and shout abuse, response I pay my money I can shout abuse if I want, they've been close to a slap a couple of times. Just don't understand Gers fans whose sole point of going to Ibrox is shout abuse at the team or one player in particular.

Whether you like it or not that IS their prerogative.

It sure is, but it certainly doesnt help the team or create a good atmosphere and I can't be bothered with fans like that. Ibrox is dead and I am just glad to be in the BO section.

You'd think it would be pretty damn obvious to any sensible person that if you constantly shout dogs abuse at players some of them (guys like Whittaker, Edu etc) are more likely to play worse than better. Not all the time, but I'm sure sometimes their concentration will be badly affected if they're taking constant abuse from the fans.

It sure is, but it certainly doesnt help the team or create a good atmosphere and I can't be bothered with fans like that. Ibrox is dead and I am just glad to be in the BO section.

I am not saying I think they should, just that it is their prerogative.

It doesnt help the team - however, by doing nothing but be supportive of every player even if having a stinker also runs the risk that the player becomes complacent and that they can get away with cub-par performances. Whittaker will be VERY SURE that he knows it isnt tolerated.

To be honest, I sat in both the Govan Rear (Hearts) and the Main Stand (Malmo) and the Govan Rear boys were certainly joining in with the singalong, not to the same extent as the BO but they still contributed. Main Stand was different as we were directly in front of the directors box.

No doubting though that the BO create a great atmosphere - I just think the club have put them in an awful position - they should be more centrally located to try to have the atmosphere spread a bit.

At Emirates on Sunday a small section of the fans started a Mexican Wave and it eventually caught on and it lasted for a couple of minutes with the whole stadium involved - where the BO are situated that would be very unlikely to happen at Ibrox.

You'd think it would be pretty damn obvious to any sensible person that if you constantly shout dogs abuse at players some of them (guys like Whittaker, Edu etc) are more likely to play worse than better. Not all the time, but I'm sure sometimes their concentration will be badly affected if they're taking constant abuse from the fans.

True, though I am not sure Edu could play any worse than he did last season, and that was before the abuse ratcheted up on him.

Sadly, some players just simply arent good enough.

Whittaker, in my opinion and I said this BEFORE he signed for us, is NOT a full back. A full back's 1st job is to defend and Whittaker's positional sense is absolutely appalling in my view. The sad thing about Whittaker is that his defending is so poor that it is forgotten how he is decent getting forward from that position. He isnt a good enough defender to play full back yet he isnt a good enough midfielder either to play RM - I am not explaining it well but he is good at getting forward for a defender but not good enough, IMO, to play in a midfield berth and getting forward.

It's also the stewards' prerogative to throw them out because they don't like the look of them, that doesn't mean it's right or that they should indulge their prerogative.

True, though I am not sure Edu could play any worse than he did last season, and that was before the abuse ratcheted up on him.

Sadly, some players just simply arent good enough.

Whittaker, in my opinion and I said this BEFORE he signed for us, is NOT a full back. A full back's 1st job is to defend and Whittaker's positional sense is absolutely appalling in my view. The sad thing about Whittaker is that his defending is so poor that it is forgotten how he is decent getting forward from that position. He isnt a good enough defender to play full back yet he isnt a good enough midfielder either to play RM - I am not explaining it well but he is good at getting forward for a defender but not good enough, IMO, to play in a midfield berth and getting forward.

Whit needs to have a good look at some Hutton videos...

It's also the stewards' prerogative to throw them out because they don't like the look of them, that doesn't mean it's right or that they should indulge their prerogative.

If a steward did that then you have to imagine that a fan would have the right to complain to the club and get a refund on their ticket. Sorry but I just dont agree with that - a steward has an obligation to have a valid REASON for ejection.

As for the fan, so long as they arent being illegal they have paid for their ticket and have a right to make that absue if they so desire - it is freedom of speech after all, right ?

Or should everyone be happy-clappy at football games ?

Me, I dont shout abuse personally but if people want to and it is not illegal in doing so, then that is up to them.