Juhasz admits Gers hope

Basically sees us as a stepping stone to England. Well, I suppose he's being honest about it.

Still, imo, �£4.4M for a 28 year old is a bit steep. But if he's good, he's good.

Agree with that Zappa.

A stepping stone to England ? If that is how he sees us then at 28 yrs old IMO he sees us as a very short term stepping stone. Once he hits 30 the chances of English teams signing him will diminish.

One season wonder ? If that is true I would be stepping up the efforts for Cuellar who has already been in England and WANTS to come here, presumably, because he enjoyed his time here and, therefore, may see us as his last professional team.

I would move on from this guy if we are having to shell out 4.4 mill on him especially if he sees us as a stepping stone.

I think there would be an outside chance of us spending that much on a marquee defender if the guy was below 25. But this chap is nearing his 30s and sees us a a short term solution.

Guest Dutchy

it's not him that wants that type of money, but as far as we're concerned, it makes no diffirence. Anderlecht have put him beyond our reach, it will be interesting to see what transpires from this as no club surely wants a frustrated player playing for them. That would be our only hope IMO, he refuses to play and the club accepts our offer.

Whether we get him or not, after this nonsense from Anderlecht we should be putting them in the 'don't do business with this club again' catagory along with Rapid Wien, Bursaspor and any other arsehole clubs that piss us about or tap our players up.

They are obviously hoping for a better bid from somewhere else, or hope we're scared of one. If we wait them out, we may still get him when their nerves get the better of them. I don't think Belgian clubs can easily pass on that kind of money for a player who wants to leave - just like we can't either.

The only way to get big money is if your player is REALLY in demand by multiple big bucks clubs.

Don't know what to believe now. I might have jumped the gun having a go at Anderlecht. STV reporting today that Anderlecht are actually looking for 4 million euros which is just under �£3.5m. There were rumours that we had bid �£3.5m, but STV are saying our latest bid was only 3 million euros which is about �£2.6m.