Weiss blames McCoist

"If anyone is to blame for me not returning to Rangers, it's Ally," he told the Scottish Sun.

"I wanted to sign, everyone knows that. When I was leaving the club in the summer he told me to my face he wanted to buy me.

"But he didn't try, not really. He just didn't do anything to get me to Rangers and for me that's so disappointing."

Maybe he told you what you wanted to hear Vlad. Airing dirty laundry like this is hardly the way to go about things.

I think there's a reasonably good chance that Ally would have tried to sign Weiss if we had got into the CL group stage and Weiss was still a Man City player, but we didn't and he isn't.

Weiss reveals Wigan bid

Vladimir Weiss has revealed that Wigan are in the frame to land his signature.

The 21-year-old Slovakian winger is set to leave Manchester City, and had been strongly linked with Ukrainian giants Dynamo Kiev.

But he insists that a deal with Kiev is not yet complete and he has options with Wigan, but also in Spain.

"Wigan and a Spanish clubs are immensely interested," he told CAS.

"I believe my future will be resolved within hours."

Weiss explained that although talks with Kiev were on-going, nothing had been signed.

He added: "One thing is for sure, I want to leave Manchester. It is not true that I am already a Dynamo player, as has been put in the media."

Weiss spent last season on-loan at Scottish champions Rangers.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11682_7122122,00.html

I think Ally would have wanted him at the right price - �£4M is not the right price and way out of our budget for a young, inconsistent (albeit very skilful) player.

Agreed. However, if he decides to sign Diouf over Weiss (loan) then there will be many an angry fan.

That is my take on it too cal. I dont think Ally changed his mind, I just think that 4 million is more than we can afford on one player right now.

If that price was half there is every chance Ally would still want to sign him - he actually has the versatility that we seem to like these days - can play anywhere across the midfield, so long as the central position is an advanced one.

But at 4 million we need a player who would be an automatic choice in their natural position. Weiss would probably be an upgrade on Ortiz wide right to be fair - but we need more consistency than Weiss currently would provide.

That said.... Whyte.... get the chequebook open and sign the lad. Imagine the boost the fans would have if Weiss were signed on a permanent deal. Get it done if he is still available.

If he could be got for 3M then I think he'd probably be worth it on a long term deal - 5 years. However, his wages could be a huge stumbling block as the likes of Man City will probably be giving fringe players more than we can afford and I don't think he's even worth the top of our scale (but then neither is Whittaker). To me he's about a 15 grand a week player maximum.

However, he has huge potential for being great for us and possibly a good resale value if he decides he wants to leave. So perhaps 3M and 20 grand a week might be worth it for a player who would clearly love to play for us.

We could really do with another fan in the team who lifts the crowd with what he says as well as some of the magic he does on the pitch.

I know Man City want more but he could engineer a move to us by refusing to go elsewhere.